“I'll pass next time.”

Ranked #89 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Toronto, Canada
“I'll pass next time.”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here in April by myself in a Superior Double Room with a city view for 5 nights. Before my arrival, communication with the hotel was good, they even responded the day before my arrival when I re-confirmed that a driver would be waiting at the airport.

I waited 40 minutes. There was never anyone waiting. I took a taxi for $12 (same price as the hotel) and upon arrival, the male receptionist asked if I had booked a driver through them. I said yes. He said that is not the driver we use. I said yes I know, your driver never showed up. He said you were probably waiting in the wrong spot. He would've been holding a sign with your name where the other drivers were. I said yes I know where he would have been, I stood there for 40 minutes looking at all the drivers holding signs, and there was no guy, and no sign with my name. He had nothing else to say and continued to check me in. There was no apology or anything. I most certainly did NOT appreciate the assumption that this was my fault.

Having said this, during my stay, the ladies at front desk were always more than helpful and friendly, and spoke English. Once checked in, I was on the 6th floor, and helped to my room with my bag. The elevator is pretty cool because it’s all glass so you can see outside as you go up.

The room itself was spacious and quite nice. The view was good and I heard no outside noise. There was a safe, a TV with English channels, the bed was comfortable and the Wi-Fi signal strong. The hot water did run out very fast though, as others have mentioned. The room was very clean, however, one evening I was lying in bed watching TV…and a cockroach crawled across the duvet!

As for breakfast, I was most definitely not a fan. It had a few Asian dishes, which I didn’t find tasty at all, and toast and fruit for Western choices. The bread for toast was stale every day though.

I also didn’t like the location. I found it was to far from the main tourist area, and while some may appreciate this, I did not.

I wouldn’t stay here again. It’s a nice, modern building, but too many negatives for me.

3 Thank NurseBackpacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I really have ONLY good things to say about this hotel. The staff was friendly apron arriving and understood English which was helpful. The gave me a free upgraded room on the top floor-nice room with a Great view of the City. The room was nice size and of simple modern decor. Everything worked which doesn't always happen at the more expensive hotels. Very clean, a good bargain and a great bet for a city hotel. Also note that a very good Asian style buffet is included in the room price and there is a wonderful view from this top level restaurant. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: A good bet for a city hotel and a good bargain with a helpful staff!
Luxembourg
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I returned to Salita Hotel after 2 years. No really important changes have taken place but a few minor flaws. The hotel in itself is still ok but it took some time before these minor flaws were sorted out by the front desk.
Room service and cleanliness is very good;
The location was a handicap as I needed frequent travelling.

The main negative point:
The so-called Restaurant is a disaster and its staff is clearly not interested in any way of giving a good service. The choice at the breakfast buffet is very poor and of bad quality, just forget it, there are many good restaurants in the neighbourhood.

On my next return to Cambodia I will also have a look at other hotels in the same price segment, but the hotel per se is good!

Room Tip: Choose a Vip room on a higher level for a grand city view.
1 Thank ANH1204
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great value! Good service. Not the best location. But good size and style of room. Nice bathroom. Came back here and was equally a pleasing experience. Breakfast was ok but being a vegetarian there were not too many options.

• Stayed April 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights in April, 2014. Room 305 with breakfast. Paid $37 per night for 3 people. Very clean hotel. Good housekeeping staff. 2 computers in lobby with printer. Excellent WIFI throughout hotel.

Friendly, helpful staff at front desk. Hotel is in a residential neighborhood. Quiet at night depending on guests. One morning at 5 AM we had a Chinese gentleman jogging up and down the hallway outside our room in his flip-flops. Tub/ Shower. Secure room safe. No security issues whatsoever. Cable TV with English stations.

Breakfast was a disappointment. Little for the westerner to eat outside of toast and watermelon. All other dishes are rice and noodle based. The coffee could peel paint. Nice views from 10th floor dining room. S-21 about a mile south. Close to Sihanouk Blvd and shopping. Tuk to city center costs $3.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
York
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Salita Hotel is not in the central tourist area but is located within walking distance of S-21 and the little socially responsible shops just outside. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly and helpful with reasonable English. The rooms were pretty much western standard for a good hotel and we had great views of the city from our 7th floor rooms and good a/c. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had breakfast included. Breakfast was fine, a limited choice of 'Asian' and 'Continental', probably not really satisfying the bill for either! I would recommend staying here, friending on how important a central location is for you. It was perfect for us as a cool quiet rest after the business of Phnom Penh!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank hannoodle
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was stay in this hotel for 4 nights for business trip, the room was good, staffs friendly and helpful, tuk tuk available front the hotel, recommend tuk tuk driver Mr. Mab he is a good driver with acknowledgement street in Phnom Penh. The breakfast very small and much people in the morning and at night from the top. Good location and restaurant on the top 10 floors. Everything OK.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business