“Very nice modern hotel”
Review of Landscape Hotel

Landscape Hotel
Ranked #111 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Very nice high-rise hotel just steps from the Riverside and the Royal Palace. Extremely quiet and very spacious rooms, well designed and equipped. Good breakfast buffet, good service. A fantastic bargain given the price they charge. I stayed at the Intercontinental Phnom Penh years ago (a good one too) and the Landscape comes close to it but at much lower rates (and better location).

Room Tip: Higher floor ones have great views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Landscape Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a newish place, clean rooms and bathrooms. Higher floors have a great view of the river, overlooking the low rise Cambodiana across the road. The staff were pleasant and friendly. Best to head for breakfast early and grab a seat near the portable aircon units - it can get uncomfortable. Reach early enough and there's a great view to be had of sunrise over the Mekong. Didn't visit but the garishly neon lit Nagaworld complex is a short walk away. A better bet is to walk along the river in the opposite direction, ignoring the touts. A short right turn from the hotel is a road with cheaper guest house type accommodation and interesting lookiung bars and restaurants, including a decent Indian place, which serves veggie food.

Room Tip: Go for the highest possible floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed at this property for 2 night and it was a disappointment. I would give it a 2 or maybe 3 star rating. Despite requesting a non-smoking room upon entering the room it was clear that the room had been smoked in heavily. There was no sense in going back to the front desk to complain because the desk staff spoke little english. On the bright side the hotel is in a good location for trips to the killing fields, the markets and the river walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

To put everything into perspective, my husband and I just arrived from siem reap and stayed at the 5-star le meridien hotel for 3 nights. Also, our room at this hotel was only $39/night via expedia.

However, one would expect to be able to take a warm shower after a long day, but for the two nights we were there, we could only take a shower in less than lukewarm water. While you might think it's refreshing after a long, hot day outside, it really isn't. We asked the front desk about it but they couldn't provide us with a good answer as to why there was insufficient amounts of hot water for the shower and the sink, regardless of the time of day (we checked). I forced myself to fully shower but my husband couldnt and resorted to a wipe down with a washcloth instead. Also, the shower is poorly designed so that water would spill out of the shower onto the bathroom floor. My husband forgot my warning of the puddle and slipped onto the tile floor, bruising his elbow and bum, and scratching his hand.

All I can say is that I am glad we only spent two nights here. I wish we paid more and stayed at a more decent hotel. Also, the front desk wouldn't change our $100usd bill for smaller change, claiming they didn't have any (????). After harassing them for a while, they went and got change for us. Turns out the money was kept elsewhere in the hotel and were just too lazy to get it for us.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank smurfette9
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel has potential but it is not quite there.

My wife and I stayed here as part of a tour group. It is a four star hotel.

It is in a good location, and it appears to be new. The wireless internet worked (remember that this is Cambodia and we have trouble elsewhere). The buffet breakfast was fine.

The air conditioning in the room was poor. We did not have hot water one morning. No one in the group did. The elevators are inadequate. The service was mixed. I did not sleep well in the bed.

If I go back to Phnom Penh, I would look for a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron_Adkins
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I had a couple of days here. Great location and good rooms. Small lobby bar, very friendly staff and helpful maids. English was well spoken. Excellent buffet breakfast on 10th floor. No swimming pool. Great wi fi and high speed lifts working well.

Rooms well cleaned, in room safes. Nice bathroom extras and bathrobes as well as slippers provided.Outstanding at the price in my view. I booked through Agoda.$9 USD for taxi from airport to destination.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mister K
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The Landscape Hotel was a pleasant find for the price. While not a 4 Star hotel all things considered, this is a clean, upscale hotel with all the basic western amenities one might expect, except for an iron. Not one to be found on the property. We enjoyed our stay and the very gracious service.

• Stayed: January 2012