“Great value accommodation in an excellent location”

Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House
Ranked #38 of 321 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Great value accommodation in an excellent location”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at this small, family-run guesthouse for two weeks and must say I thought it offered fantastic value for money ($25 and $30 per night) in a superb location - a nice quiet street bang in the center of the tourist area of the city.

The room was big and bright and extremely well appointed (DVD, flatscreen TV, sofa, fully stocked fridge with big bottles of water and beer etc, solid and reliable wi-fi throughout the hotel, room service, desk, huge comfortable bed, balcony, fully working and cold A/C and most importantly they were well cleaned, quickly each day!

The bathroom was also bright and spacious and has good water pressure. An extra couple of shelves for placing toiletries on wouldn't go amiss, however.

The bar downstairs offers good American and Asian food (available for room-service delivery too) and the service is quick, excellent and sincerely friendly. They have very nice filter coffee with free refills all day long. The barstools are very comfortable indeed! You won't want to get up.

The laundry was very inexpensive and always smelled fresh, plus unlike most places in Cambodia they don't use bleach. I'm pretty sure the clothes were machine-washed.

The phone numbers are +855 12 577 860, email is INFO AT LoneStarCambodia DOT com

Be warned this place gets booked up quick! You will not regret choosing the Lone Star.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Voyagner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ubud
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at the Lone Star for 3 nights on our tour of Cambodia. Huge room, flat screen, air con and two fans and a large fridge.Bathroom was ok bit tired but everything worked. Even a balcony but not much of a view. Breakfast was great served at the bar but not included in the price. Good location - 5 mins walk to the river and the bars and restaurants and sights. Staff were great and very friendly always ready for a chat and even took us to the local nightclub for dancing one night! Greg the owner was very helpful and a nice guy to chat to. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jan497
Bornem, Belgium
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights, very nice, huge rooms, separate kitchen, free fast internet, big refrigerator, really all one needs, would be great for longer stays. Only minus is that you have to enter the rooms through the bar, but the people there are really friendly and helpfull.
Good, quiet location. I will go there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Jan T
Nimbin, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

stayed there for one night but could have easily stayed longer. great people, great room,good breakfast and nice beer. what more do you want,-- yes friendly and helpful staff,
it has all of the above

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at the Lone Star for a couple days after a horrible night I'm another guest house. As a single woman, I felt immediately comfortable, Greg and his family were absolutely wonderful. The rooms were clean and huge, the food was amazing and I just cant get over how caring everyone there was.

Whenever I needed something, they were right there to get it for me. They scheduled my bus trips and hotel rooms to Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, they. Even asked for a tuk tuk to pick me up on the other end. By the time I reached PP I had so much extra baggage that I asked to leave one for the week that I was in Sihanoukville and then again while I was in Siem Reap. I wouldnt have been able to do that anywhere else, but it was so safe and welcoming.

Overall I spent about four days here and I can't imagine staying anywhere else and getting such a fantastic welcome.

I got so much more than my money's worth. This place offers soo much more than just a room! And the food is fantastic!

• Stayed July 2011
Kladno, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Lone Star Saloon for few nights at the end of our trip and can only recommend it. The location is amazing, walking distance to the National Museum and the Royal Palace. The staff were very kind always with a smile on their face. We had room bo.1 which was just huge (the largest we have ever come across), with 2 large double beds, flat screen TV (with number of English channels - HBO, CNN etc), wardrobe, sofa and a conference table. The room also had a balcony and small separate kitchen (fridge, sink). The bathroom was clean, came with all the toiletries and towels. The room was cleaned daily and we even had a free wi-fi internet. There is also a safe in the room and we also had free breakfast - you can select from around 4 breakfast menus/sets (sweet pancakes with maple sirup, egss, toasts etc), the breakfast comes with free refills on coffee and tea and the portions are just soo big it that you will not be hungry for another 4-5 hours. We also had our own tuk-tuk driver for the stay.

The tuk-tuk drive to the airport cost us USD 8.

The size of the room made our final packing soo much easier. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bambino770
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had emailed the gh about availability but they were full. However, they offered airport pickup and to let me drop my bags as I looked for a place. I booked another place which failed to pick me up at the airport so I decided to just head here as their emails had been quite helpful.

When I arrived, they actually had availability for that night and suggestions for the other nights.

The room was immaculate and
huge. Had I been staying longer, I'm sure I would have appreciated
the fridge that accompanies each
room.

I had been working and traveling through Asia alone for over a year. Leah, Greg and their staff made me feel very welcome and invited me to spend time with their family at their son's christening. It was a beautiful experience at which I felt very honored to attend.

Additionally, they gave me great suggestions for planning the rest of my time in Cambodia.

Lastly, after spending so much time away from the US where I'm from, it was just nice to have a break and eat familiar food from home!

• Stayed July 2011