“'great place'”

Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House
Ranked #38 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2011

stayed there for one night but could have easily stayed longer. great people, great room,good breakfast and nice beer. what more do you want,-- yes friendly and helpful staff,
it has all of the above

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at the Lone Star for a couple days after a horrible night I'm another guest house. As a single woman, I felt immediately comfortable, Greg and his family were absolutely wonderful. The rooms were clean and huge, the food was amazing and I just cant get over how caring everyone there was.

Whenever I needed something, they were right there to get it for me. They scheduled my bus trips and hotel rooms to Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, they. Even asked for a tuk tuk to pick me up on the other end. By the time I reached PP I had so much extra baggage that I asked to leave one for the week that I was in Sihanoukville and then again while I was in Siem Reap. I wouldnt have been able to do that anywhere else, but it was so safe and welcoming.

Overall I spent about four days here and I can't imagine staying anywhere else and getting such a fantastic welcome.

I got so much more than my money's worth. This place offers soo much more than just a room! And the food is fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Lone Star Saloon for few nights at the end of our trip and can only recommend it. The location is amazing, walking distance to the National Museum and the Royal Palace. The staff were very kind always with a smile on their face. We had room bo.1 which was just huge (the largest we have ever come across), with 2 large double beds, flat screen TV (with number of English channels - HBO, CNN etc), wardrobe, sofa and a conference table. The room also had a balcony and small separate kitchen (fridge, sink). The bathroom was clean, came with all the toiletries and towels. The room was cleaned daily and we even had a free wi-fi internet. There is also a safe in the room and we also had free breakfast - you can select from around 4 breakfast menus/sets (sweet pancakes with maple sirup, egss, toasts etc), the breakfast comes with free refills on coffee and tea and the portions are just soo big it that you will not be hungry for another 4-5 hours. We also had our own tuk-tuk driver for the stay.

The tuk-tuk drive to the airport cost us USD 8.

The size of the room made our final packing soo much easier. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bambino770
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had emailed the gh about availability but they were full. However, they offered airport pickup and to let me drop my bags as I looked for a place. I booked another place which failed to pick me up at the airport so I decided to just head here as their emails had been quite helpful.

When I arrived, they actually had availability for that night and suggestions for the other nights.

The room was immaculate and
huge. Had I been staying longer, I'm sure I would have appreciated
the fridge that accompanies each
room.

I had been working and traveling through Asia alone for over a year. Leah, Greg and their staff made me feel very welcome and invited me to spend time with their family at their son's christening. It was a beautiful experience at which I felt very honored to attend.

Additionally, they gave me great suggestions for planning the rest of my time in Cambodia.

Lastly, after spending so much time away from the US where I'm from, it was just nice to have a break and eat familiar food from home!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Bonnevoyage98
Reviewed July 5, 2011

A must visit whilst in Phnom Penh. The food, service and accommodation are excellent. I ate here everyday and the Mexican food is delicious. Greg and his wife and family make you most welcome and are very pleasant company.
Do not miss the opportunity to drop in and say hello.
I will never miss the opportunity to drop on my annual visits to Phnom Penh
Regards
Gerard Pound
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2011

While traveling around Asia, especially Cambodia, it is great to find a place like Lone Star to get good ol' American food, some tasty beverages, and a great group of people to share travel stories and tips.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stay at the Lone Start earlier this year for 7 days. I was really impressed with the place. Greg and his wife are great hosts, Greg knows quite about Cambodia and is a good source of information about travel within the country, especially traveling by motorcycle. The staff is very cheerful and happy and maintain a very clean environment.

The rooms are large & clean. They are more like apartments that hotel rooms. Lone star was a great place to catch the NFL playoff games, being so far from home, as well as a bunch of different sports.

The menu has a nice mix of American - Texmex & Khmer food.and reasonable prices. The wifi is very fast. I recommend a stay at Lone Star when in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo