“Lovely evening”

La P'tite France
Cuisines: Delicatessen, French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant La P'tite France has changing place to better accommodate you. Located in a villa with easy parking, featuring a large terrace, a lot of green trees, two VIP lounges,... In an atmosphere of "bistro", discover new dishes, salads, foie gras, terrines, an excellent rib steak (import) and a wide selection of wines by glass and bottle. The Thursday, twice a month, a Royal Couscous is proposed. Now we also offer takeaway. The restaurant is open every day for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went there after reviewing the comments here. The server who took our order couldn't tell us the specials of the day then the owner stepped in immediately n gave some good recommendations. Between my hubs and I we had the escargots, marrowbone, steaks and the grouper. I say who needs butter when they can hv marrowbone (yums!) And don't forget to try the desserts. Will be returning w our toddler now that we know it's kid friendly. Owner was a great host n definitely made us 'feel at home'.

1  Thank hanneetan

Reviewed August 9, 2013

A good find in PP as the food is well prepared with a solid and diverse selection of French wines that the owner is well versed in. The amuse bouche was an unexpected but nice introduction with crusty bread very French in style and not sweet as is so often the case in Asia. The menu offers a wide selection of traditional French fare complimented by some pasta dishes and four or five pizzas. The deserts were good to great.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ricard, Steak et frites, a glass of red on a balmy evening in a quiet back street of PP. Despite it being quite early when we arrived, 8pm, the restaurant wasn't exactly full but this didnt seem to detract from the quality of the service, the food or the opening greetings from the owner who looked like he may have a hatful of stories of PP from bygone days.
The beef was exceptional quality and my wife's Lamb Shank was perfection as it fell off the bone. It appears that the meat was predominately imported from Australia and New Zealand but this wasn't particularly evident in the cost as our bill for four of us was just shy of $50. Okay, not exactly cheap but where in the world is French cuisine cheap?!
Would definitely return if or when we return to PP.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Every now and then Didier has a special evening with a focus on a limited number of dishes that are normally not on the menu.
From what I remember these are often on Thursdays, which is great because the work-week is slowly coming to an end and despite not being the weekend yet, the Thursday is one of those days I often feel like going out for something nice to eat.

And last Thursday it was 'Spécial Choucroute at La P'tite France'. My wife was out of town and given that she is not the biggest fan of choucroute, I saw a good opportunity to enjoy it on my own. And enjoying I did! We're now one week later and this morning when making my morning sandwich, I actually thought again of that choucroute!!

And well, if you are still thinking of a dish you had a week ago, then you know it is time to give an 'excellent' vote on Tripadvisor.
The choucroute had that little sharpness to it that it needs, still a little crunch, while at the same time being tender. It wasn't too wet, had just the right amount of herbs added to it to not make it overly herby and it combined really well with the pork meat. A nice piece of tender pork-leg, a small piece of bacon - not too salty! - and two different sausages - with nicely different flavors - to top it off.
Some potatoes with the exact consistency you need, a piece of bread and some dijon moutarde.
What more, than a good glass of white or rosé, would you need? It was a perfect evening and I'm still tasting it when I'm thinking of it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The welcome and service was exceptional, the bread and desserts superb, but the beef cheeks and duck just didn't make it.