“Wonderful Vegetarian Khmer Cuisine”
Review of The Vegetarian

The Vegetarian
Ranked #140 of 1,444 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breezy, comfortable and friendly restaurant serving wholesome Asian and Western cuisine with all natural, healthy, and fresh vegetarian ingredients. The price range is from US$1.50-$4.00. Moved from Street 200 in Aug 2012 and have merged with The Treez Recipe which is now also The Vegetarian. Price: Inexpensive Vegan-friendly, Organic, Asian, Western, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out
Jerusalem, Israel
“Wonderful Vegetarian Khmer Cuisine”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had dinner frequently at this wonderful Khmer vegetarian restaurant. The food is delicious and the staff very helpful when explaining the contents of the various dishes. The prices are extremely inexpensive. The patio garden area is lovely.

• Visited September 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Cheap and excellent food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

During my trip to Phnom Penh, I went to this restaurant a few times. Cheap and really good vegetarian food. A wide selection of food ranging from Indian to Thai, Cambodian and Western. Caters for both fake meat eaters and non fake meat eaters. Really lovely staff. Bonus is they have a wide selection of books for free circulation.

Chennai (Madras), India
“Good vegetarian food for a great price!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had three meals at the vegetarian, and while two meals were very good, the third meal was slightly substandard. Off all the dishes we ate here, what I would recommend are the amok, the silken tofu with olive paste, pad Thai, and mapor tofu. What I didn't like was -the grilled eggplant with tomatoes and the deep fried tofu (I think it was the crispy tofu). I would really recommend the tofu-with-olive paste dish to anyone who visits this restaurant. Overall the food at the vegetarian was tasty, and the flavors were quite simple. More importantly, I think the good was great value for money since an average meal at vegetarian cost me and my wife a total of $6!

Lara, Australia
“Fantastic find.....”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch here with a great menu of choices. The staff were friendly and professional. Service was good - in a lovely little garden setting or indoors if you prefer. Would recommend, especially if you are on a budget as compared to other options this is value plus!

1 Thank KellieSpark
“Salty and subpar”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just got back from The Vegetarian and as a vegetarian, I was utterly unimpressed. I ordered the Lok Lak (which maybe, in hindsight, I should have stuck to veggies) and it was so salty it was nearly uneatable. The brown rice also was a bit crunchy and not in a good way. I ordered a mango juice to try and appease my parched mouth after all the salt but it was very watered down (even though I said no sugar, no ice, no water). Overall a pretty pitiful experience that I would not wish upon anyone as there are better restaurants in that area.