“Fantastic - Mekong Sunset Tour”

Phnom Penh Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
$58.00*
and up
Historical Phnom Penh Small-Group Tour, including Genocide Museum and Killing...
$110.00*
Phnom Penh Full-Day Small-Group City Tour
$65.00*
Mekong River Half-Day Small-Group Tour
Ranked #12 of 131 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: Phnom Penh Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Phnom Penh. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Phnom Penh. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was great. We were picked up from our hotel by our guide in a tuk tuk and our adventure started. It was fabulous and gave a view of everyday life of Khmer villagers. Ending the tour with a cruise on sunset was amazing. Would recommend.

2  Thank Kim R

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Spending the past two days in this wonderful city has really opened my family's eyes to the history of this wonderful country. Our guide Sreynouch was excellent, as she led us all through the history of Cambodia to the present day. Her extensive knowledge of her country's history made the trip an invaluable learning experience for our children, aged 10 and 11. I highly recommend this trip for people of all ages.

2  Thank Rob D
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I did the half day Phnom Penh's past tour which I was very impressed with. The knowledge of my guide Sreynouch was very extensive and she was able to give a very thorough background. The sights themselves, the killing fields and Tol Sleung prison were heartbreaking to visit but it was something I really wanted to do after studying the Khmer Rouge genocide at uni. Seeing the places for real adds a whole other level to imagining just how horrific the genocide was. A good tour, and a wonderful guide!

1  Thank Alisooonaction
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I sincerely hope this review 'makes' it into the pages of Trip Advisor. This review may upset some people but I feel one needs to have an insight into Cambodia's 'bloody' history under the 'rule' of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.
For many, these places could/would cause a great deal of heart break, sadness, discomfort and anguish and perhaps will feel 'haunted' afterwards. They are not for the 'faint' hearted but nevertheless, if anyone does go to see both these places, they will come away with a better appreciation of the devastation one man and his regime can inflict on their own people and also have an understanding why Cambodia is the way it is now.
Cambodia is a beautiful country, the people are always friendly, always looking for that something little extra to enhance their lives.
To give a little more insight into these places: in 1974, before Tuol Sleng S21 became a prison, it was a High School and when Pol Pot took over the country, he turned this place of learning into a 'hell hole' where people were taken to be interrogated and tortured. Choeng Ek was a Chinese Cemetery which became one of many: 'The Killing Fields'.
I cried, I prayed for those thousands and thousands of poor lost souls who lost their lives, as did all the other members of my group did. It was an experience I'll never forget and I am also very thankful I had the opportunity to see first hand the result of such a despotic regime. I find it very hard to express what feelings I came away with, only I know this sort of despotic regime should never occur again anywhere.
Our guide, Lucky, was an exceptional guide, so passionate, emotional and so informative and we appreciated very much everything he told us. His English was excellent.
I am only putting in 1 photo, of the school that became a prison as the rest maybe too distressing for some people to show. This school is now a Memorial and a Museum to those who lost their lives there. My partner and I also had the priviledge of meeting one of the last of seven survivors from Tuol Sleng and bought his autobiography which he signed for us.

2  Thank trueblueaussie
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We did the Phnom Penh's past tour in July 2012 and it was heart breaking at the same time brilliant, The history of actually walking through Tuol Sleng S21 and meeting one of only a handfull of survivors of this horrific place will stay with me forever. Cheoung Ek (the killing fields) at first sight is a very calming and beautiful place and then your hit with the reality of what happened there, You will leave with a heavy heart but it is A MUST to see and pay tribute to the hundreds of thousands of people who died at the hands of the monster Pol Pot and his followers. On a real bright note our guide Gurde Buntram (hope i got it right mate) was one of the best guides we had on our Asian holiday, even stopped at a chemist so we could get some flu tablets for one of the people on our tour, his English was excellent and his knowledge was awesome...Good job mate. These people know there stuff so give em a go and you wont be disappointed....If you go to Cambodia and dont go to Phnom Penh your missing out..

2  Thank Stewart W