“Very good indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Placed on Sisowath quai (riverside), this restaurant is one of my favorite indian in Phnom Penh, with great variety of choice vegetarian/vegan.

Although decoration is not great, the staff is very kind and helpful. The food is very tasty, with a huge choice of meals. I usually order for delivery because I live quite far from the riverside and have never been disappointed so far.

It was a real good surprise, usually I don't like the restaurants on the riverside.

Two problems however:
-No website. The menu is not available online so it's always difficult to know what to order if you're not an indian food expert.
-A bit more expensive than the other good indian restaurants in Phnom Penh (20% more expensive).

It's a great restaurant. I strongly recommend, especially the Daal Makhani.

There are newer reviews for Phnom Penh India

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This restaurant has an extensive menu as noted by previous reviewers - in fact it is a little daunting - but it's good to see some new Indian dishes to try.
The restaurant is a standard single-width shop, so it's quite long and narrow. Check out the lovely colonial-era plasterwork ceilings. I have to say it's a bit under-lit so feels a bit dingy.
The food was pretty good, with no complaints. Some interesting variations on naan/roti/paratha.
There is a reasonable wine list to accompany the food, and again the wine was up to quality.
The service was good although the courses came piling out too quickly - next dishes were on the table before we'd really got into the current one. It was after 9pm so maybe everyone was rushing to finish up at 10pm.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were sceptical from reading the last review, but we are glad we tried it anyway. The service was really prompt and polite. It is in a great location on the river front, we were lucky enough to watch fireworks over the river. We went with another couple and ordered 5 mains, rice for four, 8 beers, papadums, 4 naans and it came to less than $50 bucks. They were big serves and we didn't eat it all. There is a large range to choose from, ( I can recommend the chicken vindaloo).
We will be going back before we leave this city.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We got good service at this restaurant but the taste of the food was mediocre at best. For people not used to decent Indian food then it may be good enough but I won't be back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The taste of Butter Chicken was quite nice and lovely. The sauce was definitely a plus. Somehow, they took away the appetizer (Popcorn) when my dish was ready and served. Anyway, I would like to try again next time.

1  Thank Louis_Khae