“Average Indian Fare”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found the the food to be very average, like you might get at your typical Indian restaurant in the UK. Dal Makhani was mostly sweet tomato sauce without much of the distinctive spicing or rich creaminess that makes this dish one of my favourites. Chicken Korma had a basic curry sauce, lacking in nuts or coconut, on shredded chicken. Nan was a bit greasy and very thin.

There are newer reviews for Phnom Penh India

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Ironically, this seems to be my first time having authentic Indian food.

In Sydney and Australia, regardless of what dish I order the dishes are always very mild at best. When ordering at this place, the waiter asked us how we would like it cooked. I told him to cook authentic Indian, not for white boy... And, wow!! Best Indian I've ever had!

While I realise hot food may not be for everyone, I loved eating real authentic (spicy) Indian! The lamb rogan josh was the best I've ever had! The butter chicken and garlic naan were also top quality! Both fresh and up there with anything as good as I've had before.

They let us BYO wine at no extra charge. Top quality and authentic, highly recommended!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Phnom Penh Indian provided very nice comforting Indian Thali ,( vegetarian as well non vegetarian) for a low price. We had delicious samosas as well vegetarian pakoras . It was a very refreshing change after not having a home cooked meal in an almost 2 weeks. Enjoyed pickles and different types of chutneys.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're in need of a curry, this is OK. The complimentary papadums and pickles are a nice touch, but the papadums were stale. We ordered one portion of onion bhajis to share and there was enough for 4 people at least. We could not eat them all. The fish thali was quite good, the dhal was terrific, the chicken kadhai was described to us as a hot curry, but tasted quite mild. We left quite a bit of food as were full of bhaji! The meal reminded me of the UK when Indian restaurants were sprouting up all over the place; mainly Punjabi and it is not my favourite, however if you are 'noodled out', give it a go.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Once we had walked by this place and seen the food we decided to eat here and were certainly not disappointed!! Curry was absolutely delicious and the Onion Bhajis were some of the best I have ever had! It's just off the main riverfront strip a bit further down but not more than 5 mins walk. Well worth it for such fantastic food and service! Highly recommended!

1  Thank MrOinky