“No gold to be found at Eureka Villas”

Eureka Villas Phnom Penh
Ranked #46 of 275 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were very disappointed in our 4 night stay here whilst in Phnom Penh. The family room we were given was spacious for two people - however it was not clean when we checked in. This was addressed quickly after our complaint, but the service and hospitality was generally very poor. We had to ask for our room to be made up about 3pm one day -they hadn't bothered. There was beer can and used ashtray left on the minuscule balcony table all the time we were there. Staff + owner were generally sullen and uninterested - apart from mngr Mr Hen, and tuk tuk driver Mr Lim was very helpful and informative.
Phnom Penh is not an easy city to visit with extreme poverty and dirt. We found our refuge in The Plantation Hotel next door, where we went to eat - breakfast was more than bacon eggs and vegemite toast! We also had a warm welcome each time and helpful staff. The price is comparable

Room Tip: Try next door!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jacnmok

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed again at this hotel after being there last year. I again, brought my four kiddos who LOVED the pool. the breakfast was fantastic, and the staff were very hospitable. will return again next year! (the hotel also has a babysitting service if you want to go on a DATE without the kiddos!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CanDance2
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked into the Eureka Villas as a friend had recommended it to me. It was ok but I felt a little worried about the location of my room and the dodgy door.... I was on the ground, just around the corner from the pool. I felt very uneasy and didn't sleep well as I felt my room was too accessible to the world. Plus I couldn't open my curtains as people walking past would be able to see into my room.
Other than that, dealing with the manager was good, she communicated well with me via emails. Rooms are basic but clean, bathrooms were good and clean... Pretty decent location. Aircon was lovely (I actually got cold hahaha)...

Room Tip: I would not take a room on the ground floor.... Too accessible to others
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jodie_L_Hart
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The place we normally stay was booked and we were making a last minute reservation. All the staff are warm and capable. Really nice pool! Good food and fabulous rooms that are reasonably priced. We had a room with a separate space for our kids to sleep and a balcony. neighborhood is great and quiet place to sleep. This maybe our new spot in PP.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Portland_OregonKelly
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our group of six had a great stay at the Eureka Villas. Reasonably priced and a good position. Our rooms were very nice and spacious. Great pool for a swim every evening. Very chilled out bar and great friendly staff!

Our sightseeing was all organised by staff who spoke good English. Breakfast was plenty and ok.

The position was excellant, with a short walk to different areas. The feeling was of a friendly home to stay in. We particularly like the 'happy hour bar' set up outside the hotel on the street. This was a great place to sit on little plastic seats and have 2 or 1 drinks and cocktails and socialise with other tourists.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lin B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Each time I visit I do feel at home. The staff are friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful..nothing is too much trouble. The food is good and the rooms are refreshingly large and modern and light. Location is fabulous and the tuk tuk drivers out front are honest, reliable and knowledgeable. Thank you all

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mary w w
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you want to feel like you are at home, but still in the middle of PP then Eureka Villas is the place to stay. The staff are very helpful but not in your face all the time. Guests are free to roam about as they please when they like doing what they like.

This is probably the most chilled place I have stayed in Asia. Feel like a beer at 8am no worries. Feel like toast and vegemite at 8pm no worries. Need a taxi to the airport becasue your driver failed to turn up no worries. Actually the villa should be called the "No Worries Villa" because as long as you are here, you will have no worries.

This is not a place to come if you want the Eat Pray Live experience, no rose petals in the bath or sarong wearing holy men giving blessings. The food on the menu is basic but very good, its all cooked fresh so takes a little longer and the beer is cold and plentiful. A good range of Khmer and Western food too.

It is the place if you want to be in the middle of PP within walking distance of prettymuch everything in a quiet, safe and comfortable room where everything works. Its not 5 star for luxury but it is 5 star for welcoming.

I'll stay here again and again thanks.

Room Tip: I took the upstairs front balcony room as I wanted the convenience of the balcony for early moring a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business