“Fantastic!”

Tom Yum Kung Restaurant, Phnom Penh
Ranked #204 of 1,403 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Cambodian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

A very popular restaurant and easy to see why. The food is delicious with a good selection to choose from and excellent value. We went twice in the few days we stayed in Phnom Penh.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“An Oasis of Thai Food in Phnom Penh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

After near 4 years in Thailand, what I miss the most is the Thai food, then I found this place. I have read the other reviews, some negative, I guess we need to factor in that in Countries like Cambodia - things are different, if you want Waldorf standard service, go there. I also do agree that at times the staff here are a tad lax, however I eat here 4 or 5 days a week, and I take care to eat out of peak hour. Like Thailand it seems the local all eat lunch in the 12 - 1 bracket - so do not go out then if you want snappy service !
I have my favourite dishes, some of which I have pictured - attached, my pre gym protein meal - a Thai omelette with Minced Pork, Mushroom, onion & shallot which is excellent and a Tom Yum Kai (Chicken) with Glass Noodle - a $1.50 what a bargain & delicious. I am surprised that others rate their food as they have, in 5 months here I have not had a bad meal there, not all have been top shelf - but definitely none have been bad.

• Visited January 2013
“DISGUSTING. Don't come for the food rather the disappointment you just have been swindled.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

After not eating the whole day, my fiancé suggested we try this place out. As a vegetarian I ordered a veggie soup noodle. Anxiously waiting I was appalled what was in front of me. Noodles some type of black soup and the other 90% of oil. Took a bite to only noticed there was meat in there, and of course grossed out by the day old oil. I threw my napkins, straw, and lime in the soup asked for the check. The waitress didn't care neither did the owner. All in all worst restaurant in Cambodia I have ever been to. You'd do better eating street food trust me save your money. DISGUSTING FOOD.

Reading
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went here on the basis of TripAdvisor ratings and found it disappointing. Reviews said to expect slow service, and so it was. But we expected better from the food. Fish Amok was tepid, although tasty. Banana flower salad was inedible, with a vile, musty flavour. Fried cashews were top quality and properly crunchy, but bland, without a trace of seasoning. On the positive side, their prices are very reasonable.

Aarhus, Denmark
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been to Tom Yum Kung multiple times over the past 5 moths. The food is good, especially their crab cakes and the Fish Amok. However, I have noticed that the level of service has been steadily declining over recent months. The staff are all very young and not very service minded. Many times have I (and other customers) been waiting for 15 minutes before we could order, while staff kept going back and forth. It has put me off going there for a while, so hopefully this will eventually be sorted.