“Acceptable Indonesian food”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

In a place where there are halal restaurants but not that easy to locate, this can be considered as a blessing. Not only it is in the area where tourists flocking, it also fare it's food with decent price.

The restaurant itself is next to Frangipani hotel. Ambience wise, I think it is a bit dull. The owner should add more lightings.

Although the food price is listed in Cambodian Riel, the owner will write USD equivalent on the bill. For those missing Indonesian food in Phnom Penh, definitely this place is a must visit.

2  Thank DeenHanafi
There are newer reviews for Warung Bali

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My bf and I live in Saigon, and there's only 1 Indonesian restaurant in the city! So, when we were in Phnom Penh (I did lots of research before going, and found 3 Indonesian food places, Warung Bali was on the top list) and we decided to give it a try.
They have simple yet homey "warung/rumah makan" decoration and it makes you feel right at home (if you are Indonesian or been to Indonesia or lived there, you know what I mean)
We ordered beef rendang, mendoan and ayam balado, My bf and I didn't say a word to each other for about 20 minutes! They were EXCELLENT!!
There was flies in my iced tea (but oh well... you're in Asia)
We loved the food so much and came back the next day for lunch, and had gado - gado (the best gado-gado I've had outside Indonesia!!), my bf ordered beef rendang for the second time. We loved the food there!! If you are looking for Authentic Indonesian food or just want to try something different, I highly recommend going to Warung Bali. AWESOME food, well priced and friendly service!

1  Thank SJGIRL03
Reviewed September 10, 2013

all the staff were friendly & helpful. the food very very nice, the owner been phnom penh 20 yrs as he told me. the price cheaper than restaurants @ riverside yet the food very great. good location jz opposite the royal palace, but this small restaurant unable to fit all customer during peak hour (lunch, dinner). sweet & sour fish very good, rmb to order! i order a lots of food, at the end bill come out less than 10USD. That's why this warung bali always full house.

i am definitely return to this restaurant as i promised them.

5  Thank leeking1101
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a small restaurant with limited seating and non-air con. Don't expect good decor. It is a plain and simple place. So it best you go there during evening to avoid the heat.
Prices very reasonable as we ordered at least 7-8 dishes + drinks, and it all less than $20.
The chilli paste here very good, and also the beef rendang.
We had special Indonesian drink, bandung, which is very sweet, and you need to dilute it with crashed ice and soda water. But it was good rose favour milk drink.
Menu quite extensive and the owner very friendly and helpful. He always willing to help to let you know their house specialty, if you not sure.
A good place for Indonesian food and will visit them again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food tastes great and as the menu is not too extensive you know that what they cook they are going to cook well. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere. It does seem popular with groups of French and American NGO/Student types, which can make finding a table difficult some evenings.

1  Thank WalesDrewid