“Sad they can't fool me...”
Review of Warung Bali

Warung Bali
Ranked #68 of 1,468 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
Bromma, Sweden
“Sad they can't fool me...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had my brunch @ Warung Bali and I am quiet disappointed. I ordered Ayam Goreng Bumbu Bali (Bali-style marinated fried chicken) and what did I get? A fried chicken soak in sweet chili sauce mixed with crushed ground roasted peanuts. No side condiments like cucumber or a piece of lettuce leaf, at all. Will never return back to this place for sure.

Atmosphere... they gotta do something about it, It felt so old, dark and stuffy.

Service wise... gotta call the staff twice to order my food and twice again to pay my bill.

• Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Valuable food. Palatable prices.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Sweaty tourists and jaded expats alike tend to lower their expectations when budget dining in Cambodia. Don't make that mistake here. The menu is not bloated with American favorites, khmer usuals or the seemingly always available and never good Carbonara (on 9 of 10 menus here in the Kingdom.) No, it is focused, and god bless them, thoughtful!

Valuable food. Palatable prices.

Go forth and Warung Bali.

• Visited September 2012
Milan, Italy
“Nice Indonesian food”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Balado ikan is the best. The portion size could be a bit bigger, if they can serve a bit more, it would be perfect. It was located just a 5 minute walk from my hotel.

• Visited August 2012
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“feel at home!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

always visit this restaurant whenever i am in phnom penh for my country food. yeah! for an indonesian living in cambodia, warung bali is the answer for my crave of indonesian food.

tempe is what makes me keep coming back as i cannot find tempe in siem reap, where i live. but sure, while here, i always spoil myself with lots of food. i particularly like the balado ikan (fish in spicy sambal), fried tempe (oh yeah!), gado-gado and tahu telur.

feel at home!

oh have i mentioned that price is cheap?

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank nananias
“Blooming amazing, I have been raving about it since we went!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I love this place it is ridiculously cheap and sooo tasty, almost whatever you buy. I think it is a true locals place as it is not ostentatiously decorated and quite hard to spot but definitely worth looking for. If you re walking in front of the palace parralel to the river it is left. I reallllyyy recommend this !!