“Lovely, quaint atmosphere unlike anything in Phnom Penh”
Review of Le Jardin - CLOSED

Le Jardin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cool Garden Restaurant, an Oasis in the Heart of the City. Our Sandpit and Playhouse will keep your Kids busy, while you can have some nice Tapas and a Chat with your Friends. In the Evening its a very romantic place to have Dinner, under old Fruit trees and nice Illumination ... try our Beef Filets or Swordfish dishes. Happy Hour on Draft Beer, Wine ! and Cocktails !!! between 6 to 8 pm. Live Music Friday for our Jam Sessions and Sunday 5 to 8 pm for Jazz and BBQ. Its also a wonderful place to chill and hang out and read ... or work and use our High-speed Internet. See you soon ;)
phnom penh
“Lovely, quaint atmosphere unlike anything in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

As soon as you walk through the front doors, you instantly feel that you're in a safe reprieve, away from the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh's streets. A family friendly venue, WONDERFUL food, and really nice energy from the owner and staff.

Came to check out the Sunset Sandpit sessions organized by a big musical honcho in the city, Joe, and was very pleasantly surprised.

The tunes were just right for the atmosphere, boasting a variety of genres that weren't overbearing for the tranquil, paradise-esque venue. Will definitely come again.

2 Thank alexung_foodfrienz

Berlin, Germany
“it was..”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

the best and a delightful choice we made.. to end our daytrip with ease and satisfaction.
- for the whole family.

good food, prizes reasonable, clean and good vibes.
thank you.

2 Thank NealCassadie
“Perfect for families”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Came yesterday with my family. This place is great, especially when you have young kids: the Big sandpit, its games and the little wooden house can entertain them while parents can enjoy "free time" with a drink !
Kids are happy and parents don't stress to watch their kids all the time (the place is secured and small enough to know where your kid is. Also, they can not go out the garden as there is a attentive guard at the main entrance).
The garden and the furniture are lovely.. we felt very relaxed there.
The food was pretty good but I have to admit the portions are quite disappointing. My 4 years old daughter could eat 1 adult portion by herself while my husband had to order 2 times to satisfy his appetite... and they are not huge eaters... Despite this only negative point, we will come back...We loved the place !

London, United Kingdom
“I think this is going to become a Sunday morning ritual...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family is about to relocate to PP and we spent last weekend house-hunting and getting a feel for the city. This place had been recommended to me even before our trip so I was very keen to try it out on a lazy Sunday morning.

It was such a relief to find a place where our kids were happy and we were too. My husband read The Guardian, I read Le Monde and our boys (aged 17 months and 4 years) played in the sand pit/treehouse. Bliss.

The menu is pure non-fussy comforting French fare with a little BBQ thrown in for good measure. A quick scan of the monthly 'events' makes me feel certain that I will be returning here again, and again, and again.

We had 2 adult menu choices and one 'children's menu' choice and our total bill was about $15USD.

“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When I first came here, I was pleasantly surprised to see they had chipolatas on the menu. Then I brought my Khmer gf and family but the portions were small. Nevertheless I continued to come, but I have noticed that the portions have got smaller and smaller. Today I barely got any potato dauphanoise, and when i complained nothing was done about it. I also ordered a carafe of wine which was only half filled and barely gave me 2 small glasses. I shall not come again, although I did want to bring my step daughter and family because of the sandpit. My meal came to $13 which for somewhere far away from the sites is expensive. Also, its very hard to attract the attention of the staff even though the place is pretty empty.
Unfortunately this seems to be the way here. Start good and then go downhill. In a town full of good value restaurants, I for one shall not return.
the manager (who wasn't on today) is very good though.

• Visited May 2013