“Not what I wanted but good”
Review of Atmosphere

Ranked #188 of 1,589 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 BBQ Independence Monument Bistrot restaurant open since 1995. The Chef and the Maitre d'Hotel 20 years of house. Traditional French cuisine with a daily sélection of organic products. Petit sale with green lentils, couscous, onion soup ... And the BBQ with Andouillettes Troyes steaks, pork loin odds in honey and thyme .... nice section of wine.
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Went here because it was close to Villa Langka. Serves french food and that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Food was great and served in a quiet atmosphere. I wouldn't call the atmosphere the biggest selling point however.
If you're looking for french food this is a great option.

2  Thank harry L

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have tried almost everything on the menu that we saw here. Everything is delightfully devine! You can't really go wrong with any dish, but my faves will have to be the seared scallops, sea bass, and cannot forget the french noodles. The pork was also very tender and flavorful as well. We loved this place!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

There are often compromises on any experience but if your priority is good food, then Atmosphere is the right choice. The restaurant is located adjacent to the roundabout at the Independence Monument. It is rather small from the outside and is a little dark and nondescript when it comes to decor. On the occasions when I have visited it has been surprisingly quiet but this provides an opportunity to 'talk and eat' without interruption that is difficult to find in a PP restaurant.
The food though is fabulous and very reasonably priced. There is a good range in the menu and our main course selections of duck and pork chops with vegetables could not be faulted. There was also a dessert and cheese selection that sounded appetising but which was a little too much after soup and a main meal.
Enjoy 'Atmosphere', a hidden gem for fine French food!

2  Thank PerthmumPerth
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Its been around fro a long time, and I hope it will continue to be around for a long time. Standard bistro fare, steady and good. Went with French friends who are regulars, as I am, and they "found nothing to complain about" a supreme Gallic compliment. Thewine list is reasonable, the menu rarely changes, its a sort of neighborhood place you just want to keep coming back to. Nothing pretentious just good quality.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

As it had none. Atmopsphere was atmosphereless on the night we visited with no other table taken for an hour, then just one other couple. The venue is ' internationally' decorated which given lack of buzz and atmosphere translated into a 'bland' experience. We went as I'd been craving cheese after 2 weeks of wonderful Asian food. The quatre  fromages salad did the trick. My husband also enjoyed his unusual starter of warm chicken liver salad. Unfortunately the mains didn't deliver - they substituted a different cut of steak which they promised to tenderize but it wasn't very tender. We both suspected the herbed green beans were from a can or frozen as had little bite, his mash was only ok ( we are Irish and know our spuds :). My coq au van was tough and dry but I loved my sauté potatoes. The tart tatin was delicious with perfect crisp pastry and excellently baked and carmelised apples. Service attentive. One of our most expensive meals in Phnom Penh - cost not really justified ( despite fulfilling my cheese craving).

4  Thank islandfielder