“Fantastic”

The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa
Ranked #12 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Superb ambience, clean, nice room, get a free upgrade to the pool view room.
Breakfast area next to pool, food was nice.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
We book the bus to Siem Reap, while we waiting in the lobby, the staff help us to call them to check the arrival few times.
Definitely will stay here again if we visit Phnom Penh again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pang S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was a dream location. Beautiful, clean, modern rooms with contemporary Cambodian styling.
The pool is an oasis with private cabanas that lead into the water, which we beached ourselves in full time!
The service was above and beyond, on top of complimentary poolside fruit smoothies I requested a flower arrangement for my partners birthday. I was happy to pay but they told me it was their gift to us and when we got back to the room there was a dozen yellow roses, a fruit basket and a piece of cheesecake with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate. There was even a birthday card hand signed by about 30 staff. What can I say .......
Phnom Penh is loud and dirty and this hotel was such a relaxing escape when you need to step back from the mayhem.
The location can't be beat, next to the royal palace and minutes from everything.
Do yourself a favour!

Room Tip: Grab a room with a pool view, you will face into the middle of the hotel where the garden and pool a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nedwa
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was recommended The Plantation by a good friend Hannah Satz who travels the world reviewing hotels. She could not say enough about how great The Plantation is and insisted that I stay there. I trusted Hannah's good taste and decided to go ahead and book.

However, I arrived in Cambodia under unusual circumstances having to undergo a major operation. I informed the staff about this before my arrival. I had to literally stay in my hotel room under doctors instructions for five days.
When I arrived I knew I could relax because my room was beautiful and clean, looking onto a bamboo tropical garden. I loved the modern feel with touches of Cambodian culture added to it. Very classy and refined. I had a huge flat screen as well.
After the operation, I received a personal visit by the manger of the hotel Ade Jaya and he made sure that my every need was met. Ade was friendly and kind and I really felt that he was sincere in making my stay as enjoyable as it could be.
Without me asking, Ade sent the head chef to visit me to make sure my meals were catered to my liking. The food was delicious, healthy and inexpensive.
I had staff continually bring me water and every time any staff came to the room they all asked how I was doing, making me feel very cared for.
I had a big bouquet of flowers delivered to my room twice within the week.

The hotel is in a convenient location and it was very easy to access transport.
It was a pleasure when I requested a wake up call to have it called personally by the operator and not by a machine.

I cannot thank this hotel enough for all the support they gave me. They really went the extra mile to see if I was ok. I will go back again for sure and I can't wait.
Thank you The Plantation!

P.s. for what you receive in return, this hotel is very reasonable in price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Leslie F
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and loved every part of our stay, beginning with the cold cloth, juice and UPGRADE on arrival. Our room was lovely and very clean, the staff were extremly attentive, we didn't eat in the hotel a lot but what we did have was scrumy (I didn't want to leave the breakfst buffet!). My favourite feature was the pool area, the cabanans were bliss in the heat, and the atmosphere was very chilled out and relaxing.

Room Tip: Pool view is definatly worth it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Netts42
Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Travelling with a 5 yr old and friends and this ticked all the boxes. Great location close to the palace and river and within walking distance, or a short tuk-tuk ride, of pretty much everything. When it got too hot the pool was where everyone spent their time.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing pool was very convenient
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark8888
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Good service and beautiful place...We stayed here twice during our visit Cambodia, great swimming pool, nice people, lovely breakfast and we loves the cocktails beside the pool, we did very much enjoy staying here...Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Tunya26
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at plantation was beyond wonderful. We stayed there 3 days after doing work with an NGO. The service was impeccable and the hotel was beautiful. We will never stay at different place in Phnom Penh! It is a great price especially because there is a wonderful breakfast waiting for you every morning!

• Stayed June 2013