“Great value place to stay in Phnom Penh”

The Plantation Urban Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
North East England
“Great value place to stay in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very central for viewing all the sights. The rooms are clean and comfortable (although not luxurious). The staff are all extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast is good and the rooftop restaurant is excellent (I would definitely recommend trying it).
They gave us vouchers off treatments in the spa but by the time I got round to booking it was full, so if you do intend using it, book as soon as you arrive!
Overall this is good value for money and an excellent option for sightseeing in Phnom Penh. ( I would suggest booking a pool view room.)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked a business trip to stay at the Plantation hotel. My travel agent asked the hotel to collect me from the airport and sure enough they did. However, at midnight they checked me into the hotel, however, having taken my credit card details then told me the hotel was full and that I was to stay that night in their sister hotel. I had no choice so I jumbed in a car with be if the team, who clearly had to been to the sister hotel before as we got lost. When I arrived at the sister hotel, they tried to check me in again and take my credit card. I was shown the room, which was very poor, and then told that I could go to the plantation at 9 the next morning

I was called at 8:30 the next morning to be told my room was not ready.

I went to my breakfast meeting at the Plantation hotel and my room was finally ready at 10:30.

The rest of the stay was superb. I was given a complimentary massage and my first nights stay was heavily reduced. However, I was never offered an apology and still feel disappointed that a booking through a travel agent was bumped.

Great hotel, good breakfasts, disappointing service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
christchurch new zealand
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel has all you require in the Heart of Phnom Penh. Top service, wonderful pool setting with excellent sunbathing booths along one side of the pool giving direct access to the water. Excellent restaurant and breakfast is tops. Well situated in PP for exploring the City by foot from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view room,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
adelaide
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I was booked in to another hotel, on the 15th April, to start a tour. I was unhappy there. I had organized to return to Phnom Penh, on the 22nd for 4 days for a visit to Cambodian Childrens Fund, to visit my sponsored child. The Plantation hotel was recommened to me, by two people. This smaller hotel is a hidden gem, from the chaos outside. It's location is just behind the Royal Palace, but it is the hotel itself that is excellent. Very friendly staff, breakfast by the pool. My room is beautiful and clean, airy and spacious. Wifi works well in the room and by the pool. Prices for food, drinks and even laundry and spa, cheaper than I have seen in Vietnam and Cambodia with excellent service still. The pool is wonderful with cabanas to rest in if needed. I have to leave on saturday and do not wish to leave. Give yourself a treat and stay at the Plantation hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank anthea m
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2013

From the moment I walked through the "front door" I loved the Plantation. It's atmosphere puts you at ease and you feel as though you were at a resort or spa and not in the middle of a city. The shop, food outlets, and spa were superb. The pool - well, let's just say you feel as if you found paradise. With the cabanas, pool side restaurant, and plenty of lounge chairs you have anything you could need. The service matched the atmosphere! The rooms are spacious, airy, and chic. I will definitely stay at the Plantation every time I visit Phnom Penh. This is a hotel to love....

Room Tip: Try for something along the pool!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We small family group of 3 actually stayed at Eureka Villas next door to The Plantation Hotel. It was terrible, and we went into the Plantation for dinner. It was like stepping into another world! Magnificent red pool, with the main pool beyond. Gorgeous surroundings, friendly helpful fun staff, fantastic food and cocktails at good prices. Even though we felt like the poor cousins coming in from next door, we were made very welcome. It is spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.
Can't comment on the rooms, as we were not booked in.
If we ever go back to Phnom Penh, it would just be to stay at the Plantation :-))

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jacnmok
Kent
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fantastic value for money, lovely clean rooms,lovely clean pool,good restaurant, really good breakfast, fast efficient check-in and check-out, great location, highly recommended, wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends