“luxury”

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Ranked #6 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The family loved the standard of luxury there , great staff , we were picked up even though we arrived late at night , a very efficient check in . The rooms are excellent , and the hotel is in a great location . Breakfast was atreat , and very easy to get transport to the local sites , wish we had stayed longer .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay among us. Thank you for your comments about our rooms and efficient service, it is a pleasure to make guests feel comfortable and welcome.
We hope you will be coming back soon to indulge yourself with our gastronomy and SPA treatments.

Charles-Henri Chevet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

An elegant and comfortable hotel. Great staff: friendly and helpful. Good restaurants. Rooms on the North side currently overlook an enourmous construction project.
Check the website for bargain rates.

Room Tip: A room with a veranda is worth the extra charge as long as it's on the South side (until the con...

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our colonial and elegant hotel design as well as our friendly and considerate Khmer Ambassadors. It is always rewarding to know that our Chefs’ cuisine is appreciated in our Asian and International restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I'm in Phnom Penh a few times a year for business and have always been booked into some dumps in the city- though they claim to be more than they are.

On a trip last year I had a business lunch at the Sofitel- had no idea it was there. So made a point to tell my office to book me there on my next trip.

That was the right decison. Just stayed there the past weekend for a conference. Unfortunately my stay was so short, I hardly had time to take advantage of most things the hotel had to offer. Rooms were nice, executive lounge great and the staff fantastic. Friendly beyond words and so keen to help.

Bear in mind there is a large mall being built next door which is supposed to open in July (not sure that's going to happen judging by the current state of the site). I had a room directly facing the site, but didn't really notice any noise. I really wasn't in the room much during the day and heard nothing in the evening/at night. But if you're concerned, I'm sure you can request a room away from the site.

The location is slightly out of the core of the city, but Phnom Penh is so small, this is hardly an issue in my opinion and is one of the reasons I like the place. However, it's minutes by tuk tuk to any place in the city.

It's not cheap, but not unreasonable given the level of service. Actually, when my admin was checking rates, the Hinawari (a real dump that I got put in once) was only slightly cheaper.

I am a believer in "you get what you pay for" and I think this place is worth the extra money.

I'll be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this very positive comment. I am glad to learn that you have chosen the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra as your place to stay in Phnom Penh. I am pleased you enjoyed Club Millésime and its incredible view overlooking the fast growing Phnom Penh. Our hotel is indeed not far from a construction site, but it will be finished in June, and you will be able to enjoy theatres and bowling during your next stay!

We would very much appreciate to welcome you again during your next stay in Phnom Penh.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

4 nights in this expensive hotel
Arrival at 20:30 nobody look st us even with platinum cards and millienium club rooms 3 rooms
The registration very long and inefficient
At this time of the night we did noticed the works everywhere around the hotel!
But at 6:30 the noise wake up me and my friends
After many complains they change for rooms on another side where the noise was less strong

At the pool a lot of noise and dust on the floor not cleaned

The concierge service is very poor
Nobody help you for pick up taxi and you have to bargain as the taxi drivers triple the price in the entrance of the 4 stars hotels

The vue is nothing , almost bloked by new buildings and buildings under construction

Food is ok but quite expensive for quality

My friends and me where disappointed by this expensive place poor service and very noisy , outside and inside as you ear all activities of your neighbors trough the very light isolation of the walls and wood floors

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bernard L

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I regret to learn about your overall experience with us and apologize for the inconveniences you have met.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
For your information Aeon Mall will open late spring this year and we will have a direct access with it.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

2 Nights stay review.
Beautiful hotel with an enormous lobby.
Room was great as was the spacious glass bathroom !
Nice amenities here.
Spotless clean !
Fruit basket in the room on arrival.
Highly trained staff members, from front desk, maître D, cook, and bellboys.
Restaurant was great...tried some of the show cooking dishes for dinner which were very good !
(Try the gorgeous noodle soup)
Breakfast was perfect and very extensive.
Very quiet during night time.
Can highly recommend this hotel !

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for this positive and straightforward review. It is a pleasure to learn that our friendly and courteous Ambassadors’ service contributed to make your stay unforgettable. I am happy that you enjoyed both the Flavours of Cambodia promotion at La Coupole and our extensive breakfast selection.

We hope to welcome you again soon at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

A friendly and exceptionally well run hotel providing a breakfast which cannot be equalled. The staff were proactive helping us to enjoy our stay at the hotel and in Phnom Penh. The room was beautiful well appointed with an excellent shower and comfy beds.This is a quality hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience. I am delighted that you appreciated My Bed, specially designed for a Magnifique sleep. We make it a point of honour in providing a quality sleep to our guests, followed by a pleasant breakfast. Nothing best to start your day!
I hope we will welcome you soon at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our room on the 4th floor was great, lovely balcony, shame about the view of the construction site next door. This did not detract from the large pool which was good for swimming lengths, beautiful furniture and ambience. The bathroom is good with lots of great toiletries but the glass cabinet for the toilet is a little odd. Very friendly and helpful staff and the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The lobby bar has a talented pianist performing.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn that you appreciated the elegant and colonial style of our hotel and I am pleased to count another guest rating our breakfast as the best they have experienced. Thank you for your kind word about our pianist, Lolito, he indeed has a large repertoire to please everyone’s tastes.

We hope to welcome you again soon at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.