“Could have been great but housekeeping forgot to clean the sink and ...”

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Ranked #6 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is fantastic and impressive, certainly five star. I was happy and excited that our four-day business meeting was being held in this hotel. But after the first day, I noticed that housekeeping does superficial cleaning. I draw the line when they remember to change towels but forget to clean the bathroom. The good thing is housekeeping do respond fast when I complained to the reception desk. Just to be on the safe side, I made sure to put away my toothbrush in my luggage for the next few days. The gym is average but with good equipment and open 24 hours. Only thing is that there is no drinking water at night and the locker room (toilet) is locked by 10 PM. In the morning, no one opens the sauna either. Sigh... but I did say the decor and ambience is just great, right?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to learn that you appreciated your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your comments. I am sorry for the imperfections encountered but am however pleased to learn that our Ambassadors responded rapidly and efficiently with passion. Thank you for your feedback regarding So Fit, I will forward your comments to the manager.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Charles-Henri Chevet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this lovely hotel. Check in is very smooth with attention to details and a refreshing weicome drink and the courteous staff makes you feel welcome throughout your stay. It felt really good after a long flight from Paris via Kuala Lumpur to settle down in this luxurious hotel. Well appointed rooms, clean and equipped with all amenities you can think of. We had a balcony with table and chairs and a view over the pool and the Mekong river. This hotel is a real treat! 5 star service all the way. Great breakfast buffet as well. It's definitely worth the extra money, you won't regret it.
Will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed our Ambassadors’ special attentions upon your arrival and that you were very satisfied with your room and our amenities.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a beautiful French style hotel and the rooms are large and comfortable.
Enjoyed my stay. However, despite the large variety of food, they need to add more cuisines, more vegetarian and more staff in the dining rooms.

Also, the room cleaning services need better supervision.

Room Tip: Ask for river-facing rooms

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive review, I am delighted that you appreciated our rooms and gastronomy. I believe that our buffet at La Coupole offers choice to vegetarians but I will however forward your comments to our culinary team.
I hope we will welcome you again at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just one night in Phnom Penh... working on a weekend, so I thought treat myself, and I wasn't disappointed. Palatial luxury and superb service.
Tucked away off the main road in large grounds, (a bit out of the downtown city centre really), this modern, luxury hotel complex has everything going for it. conference facilities, restaurants, bar, pool, gym etc.
Lovely spacious room, walk-in wet room, sofa and a balcony with table & chairs.
I can't fault it. Lovely :-) Unfortunately I can't afford it every time :-(

Room Tip: There is building work on one side of the complex - if you don't like your room, just ask to mov...
1  Thank StevePies
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you chose to stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra for your night in Phnom Penh and I believe that you had a fantastic stay with us. It is a pleasure to learn that guests truly appreciate our rooms and restaurants. I hope we will welcome you again during your next visit in the capital of Kingdom of Wonder.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Anice welcome from lovely cambodian staff , an easy check in to our large and well appointed room . Great bathroom , everything well maintained and clean , good wifi . The breakfast had a huge selection of food . East to see the local sites and restaurants from there , east to find a tul-tuk .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am happy our Ambassadors took good care of you throughout your stay and that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast buffet at La Coupole.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Travelling throughout Cambodia filming for three weeks, I have made Sofitel my home base in Phnom Penh. By now, the staff all think I live here, but since the first day my team and I checked in, we have been treated as if we did in fact live here.
Welcoming, courteous, polite, polished - literally the best service of any other top five star hotel I have ever stayed in. Sofitek PP Phokeethra, your key to success is your staff and service, and you have proven this! Merci!
Rooms, impeccable! Food, outstanding! Comfort, five-star! Design, extraordinary! All this, plus more = Magnifique!

Sadly, I check out today, but I still have one more night in this luxury nest in about a week when I return from Laos, so this makes me feel good once again! Can't wait to return, to my second home...

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is very rewarding to learn that you felt at home when staying at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Our Ambassadors are going above and beyond to provide an excellent experience and Cousu Main Service to all our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you again next week and to offer you another Magnifique stay among us.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Been here for a conference and I should say everything was really good: room, restaurants, common spaces, service. All that should be there is there. What was missing was a touch of special. In whatever direction. Just that touch that make you say: awesome!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. It is always a pleasure to learn that guests appreciate our amenities and gastronomy. I hope our Ambassadors will welcome you again very soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.