“Stunning two nights”

Ranked #7 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Hong Kong, China
“Stunning two nights”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent hotel situated on its own in amazing grounds and not far from the palace. We were upgraded on arrival and had the most incredible suite. All facilities were phenomenal!

Restaurants stunning and excellent diverse choice. Strongly recommend this one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Rowland910
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the great review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the suite and that our hotel facilities were to your liking. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back one day for a longer stay.
Charles-Henri Chevet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel in Phnom Penh in the last few days. My experience was amazing and I would recommend it to everyone visiting the area as the #1 choice to stay at. I highly recommend their restaurant Chocolat where they serve excellent French food. Also highly recommended is their spa service. Their room was spacious, clean, modern. The price might be a bit high but it is every penny. The staffs were great with me. When I come back to Phnom Penh, I will stay at the Sofitel again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and found that you got value for your money. It’s great to hear that you got to found a few minutes to enjoy our indulgent So SPA and treated yourselves to some well-deserved delicacies in Chocolat.
We all look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.
Europe
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friendly reception, nice room on the river side (building work did not keep me awake once balcony doors were closed). Excellent breakfast.
We booked sightseeing taxis via the hotel concerierge which worked out OK. Be prepared to wait at least 30 mins for a taxi from hotel to airport as they are still in short supply in PP
Ate in hotel Italian restaurant for which I wrote a seperate review

3 Thank melita1
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad that we could provide a little oasis for you in the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh. Thank you also for your feedback with regards to waiting time for taxis, I will make sure to address this with the team.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

what can i say about Sofitel Phnom Penh?....... wow....wow.....wow. From the time of checking in to checking out we have received amazing service from all staff. we have stayed in many 5 stars hotels in Phnom Penh and around Cambodia but must say Sofitel tops them all. I cannot fault anything with this hotel. The room was huge and very clean. we had drinks and snack at Le Bar everynight before and after dinner. My favourite place for dinner was at Fu Lu Zu. Their peking duck and spicy king prawn were finger licking quality. If anyone looking for a place to stay in Phnom Penh where you have everything under one roof with best of the best service then Sofitel Phnom Penh is the place. I will definately stay there again next time i am in PP.

Room Tip: we stayed in Deluxe room facing the pool. It was very quiet and get the best view of sunset.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. I am more than pleased to hear that you had an extraordinary stay with us. Reviews like yours certainly is a source of motivation and encouragement for all of us, and I will make sure that everyone in the team takes part of it. I will also personally see to that the team in our Chinese restaurant Fu Lu Zu receives your kind feedback, they will surely be very excited.

Again, thank you for staying with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As the MD of a global group of Companies, I am obliged to travel extensively and consequently stay many nights each month in different hotels. Following a recent trip to Europe, I decided I needed a few days R&R to re-charge the batteries. As I am based in Bangkok, only wanted a short flight so opted for Phnom Penh,and chose to stay at the Sofitel. Must say, one of the best decisions I ever made. I am only 3 days into a 5 day break, but had to write a post to rave about this hotel. Obviously only fairly new, the hotel itself is magnificent,but the outstanding feature for me is the amazing staff that are employed here. Without exception, every staff member I speak with, or even pass in the hotel, smiles and asks if everything is okay, (all in excellent English), the rooms, the restaurants, the exec club, are all fantastic. What a fantastic find for me. This will definitely be my new favourite oasis in my hectic life. If you like 5 star service, food accomodation, you can not be disappointed with this property. Congrats to the GM and and all the staff here. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get a room with Club Milesme access. Definitely worth a little extra.
2 Thank i_sharkey
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for you great and highly inspirational review. It’s is always extra flattering to receive such positive feedback from an experienced travellers as yourself. I have seen to that your review has been posted on our ambassador notice board, for everyone to enjoy and take pride in. We would all love to resident oasis of luxury and look forward very much to welcoming you back very soon.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As I first walked into to the hotel, the vastness of the lobby made me wonder if this was going to be another bland, non-descript hotel experience. Almost instantly, however, the staff presented me with a cool towel, welcoming cold beverage and jasmine garland and I knew I was in for an uniquely Asian experience. Throughout our stay the staff continued to amaze us with their attention to detail, competence, willingness to assist and never-ending smiles. They truly make you feel welcomed.
The room was spacious, with polished hardwood floors and a wall of windows. The furniture was comfortable and well placed, and the lamps provided the proper light for those of us who still like to read newspapers will lounging in the room. The marble countered bathroom was laid out for two people to comfortably use the space at the same time and there was enough closet space to accommodate two clothes fanatics.
There was a variety of restaurants to chose from; Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French patisserie, Western and Khmer and the food was uniformly excellent in all of them (and I did eat in all of them!). The pool was a zone of calmness and a respite from the heat. The spa service was pampering. All in all a most relaxing place to stay while in Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are quieter.
1 Thank sunnitimes
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review a about your stay with us in March this year. I am absolutely delighted to read your kind words, and especially those about our hotel ambassadors. I will make sure that everyone in the team takes part of your encouraging feedback; it is surely a token for everyone’s hard work. It is also fantastic to hear that you got to experience all of our hotel restaurants, and that you had an enjoyable time in all of them. If you ever have a moment, please do also write a quick review about your restaurant experience, they are all on TripAdvisor.
Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I must say, the region is not exactly famous for customer service. From before we arrived (an email from the GM asking if we have any special requests), until after we left (another email from the VP asking us if everything went OK), the stay was extraordinary. We arrived looking like unassuming backpackers, not in a car, and not in a suit. But we were treated like royal first-class guests by everybody from the doorman to the front desk and all the way until we got to our room, then later by the pool side staff. Our only complaint would be the poolside restroom/ changing rooms, they felt a bit like a parking lot basement bathroom...this area could use a little spiffing up and that would have made the total experience nearly perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I is always extra pleasing to hear about an experience with us that is positive from the first point of contact, to the very last. I can assure you that is was our pleasure to treat you like royals during your visit. Thank also for your feedback regarding the poolside restroom, I will make sure this point is addressed during our next management meeting.

I very much hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh very soon.