1,625 results
All reviewsla coupolethe executive loungedo fornile barclub millesimeclub roomaeon malllobby bartuk tukmain restaurantbeautiful hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetfive star hotelcolonial stylerooms are spaciousjunior suite
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Visiting Phnom Penh on business this time and the Sofitel proved a great choice of hotel. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient beginning with pick up from the airport right up to checkout.
The room was a very generous size (830, on the corner overlooking the pool) with every amenity including a dock/speakers for my iPod.
No disturbance from adjacent building site while I was there (3 nights)

Wifi was free and not lightning fast (about 1Mb) but adequate.

Service throughout the hotel was charming and prompt.

Tuk tuk from the hotel to anywhere seemed to be $3.30 which is probably a premium but the drivers were friendly and spoke English so worth it as far as I was concerned.

Hotel felt quite empty so perhaps for some would lack a little atmosphere.

Room Tip: My corner room was the size of a small suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience at the Sofiel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear you had a satisfying stay with us. It is especially encouraging to hear that important touch point such as airport pick up and check in went smooth and efficient, which know are crucial for our valued business guests. I am also happy to hear that the guest room was to your satisfaction, providing a good base for both work and relaxation. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank for your staying with us and we hope to see you back at the Sofitel Phnom Penh soon again.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed 4 nights ending 13th Jan. started off not so good but after issues were sorted, we loved it. We arranged for a car to collect us from the airport & wasn't there so had to make phone calls to sort out but the ride in was first class - Mercedes, menu of music, cold towels & chilled water. The driver was just lovely. When we arrived, we were sat down with lemongrass tea while checkin was done. And the building itself is just magnificent, French Moorish in design with oil burners everywhere giving off the lemongrass scent. We booked Club floor which only has king beds so needed rollaway bed for extra person - took three phone calls for it to arrive. Our rooms overlooked the construction site so we were told it wasn't good to sit on the balcony because it was noisy but they stopped work at 10pm which we were ok to live with. The reality was much different! We had the pole driver directly outside and it was so noisy inside, not just on the balcony AND they started work again at 5am! Seriously, we should have been warned because of course we were not happy campers. However to their credit, Roth the manager managed to change us over to the other side of the building to lovely rooms and the rest of our stay was fantastic. The breakfast buffet is great, we had Kmer massages in the Spa, used te gym, the pool is lovely & the Club exceptional. French in influence, Kmer in hospitality - highly
Recommend you stay.

Room Tip: Insist on side away from construction - seriously it is bad!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MamaKatie
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you had an overall satisfying stay and that you would recommend us to others. Thank you also for pointing out the two minor incidents you had during your stay. I will see to that our Airport pick-up scheduling process is reviewed and that our communication regarding the temporary construction site next to the hotel is more precise in the future. I am pleased though that we managed to compensate you and that the issue did not end having a big impact on your stay. We would all love to welcome you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed 5 nights and got to know aspects of this hotel quite well. Right from my arrival staff were friendly and helpful and this continued right through until my departure. It was a busy time for me and when service was required it was delivered promptly and without fuss. In-house restaurants were first class and the breakfast choice was excellent for both Asian and western tastes. Rooms overlooking a new mall construction site may be a little noisy but I was offered one on the opposite side of the hotel without even asking for it. Being on the edge of town is not a problem and the spacious grounds afford an extra dimension to the peace and tranquility while being only minutes by cab or tuk-tuk from the casino or town center.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh. I very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is particularly nice to hear that you experienced seamless and efficient service during you busy time with us. I will make sure to compliment the team for their efforts. Again, thank you for your feedback, we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 night in the end of december.

The experience starts when you enter the hotel and emediatellyu get a great greeting and velcome drink. I actually have nothing to complain about, this was for me the perfect hotel :

- Great location,
- Breakfast that has everything you need
- Nice poolarea with some real delicious pool-food and drinks, also + for great service
- Good sized clean room with comfortable bed
- Great laundry service

I highly recomend this place!

wonderful, tremendous, terrific,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EDIMT
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience with us. It surely is flattering to be called a ”perfect hotel”, even though I am sure there is always room for improvement! On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a really beautifully designed big hotel with no expense spared - but is filled with a real sense of being just too quiet. Very few guests can be seen at peak season and the very large rooms seem for the most part deserted. A very strange experience indeed as this should not be so, however its position slightly out of town and next to the building site of a giant new mall could contribute to its sense of isolation. The breakfasts are brilliant with the best fresh fruit around and I enjoyed an excellent massage in the spa.
So hope that this lovely lady finds some friends

Room Tip: do not face the building site
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful. Indeed, the colonial style architecture of the property sometimes makes one feel that quite small with high ceilings and large pillars. Nevertheless, I do hope that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your kind feedback about the breakfast and spa to the team, they will surely be pleased. I very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.