1,625 results
All reviewsla coupolethe executive loungedo fornile barclub millesimeclub roomaeon malllobby bartuk tukmain restaurantbeautiful hotelbusiness tripbreakfast buffetfive star hotelcolonial stylerooms are spaciousjunior suite
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wow what a surprise this hotel was, I went expecting your usual hotel but from the minute you stepped out of the taxi there were smiling faces everywhere to greet you. The hotel is on the edge of the town which is great because you are out of the hustle and bustle and for $2.00 a tuk tuk can take you there very quickly to see all the attractions the city has to offer. The rooms were large and comfortable with a view over the Mekong and I liked the L’ocittaine products in the bathroom. We had access to the club lounge on the 12th floor which was good and once again the staff were friendly and more than happy to assist you in any way. If you are looking for a fantastic hotel in Phnom Penh then the Sofitel is definitely the place to stay.

2  Thank Amanda S
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing you experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to hear that you loved staying with us and that we could provide a relaxing retreat for you after your visits around town. Your review has been posted on the hotel ambassador notice board for everyone in the team to take part of it. We all can’t wait to welcome you back to the Sofitel during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

From the very moment we entered the hotel ,We felt welcomed, The staff were so courteous, gracious. It seemed to me that Nothing was a bother for them to do, from doing our check-in, to personally escorting us to our room. Furnishings throughout the entire Hotel was magnificent, Being offered the choice of The 12th Floor Club-room was wonderful. Every staff member was more than willing to meet and cater to any and everything you may want, from helpful Directions to sight-seeing ,making a booking for you . The Tuk-tuk driver we had was very experienced and willingly helpful, to the point of caring for our security while touring around different areas and sights of The City.I can only suggest, if you want to experience Quality Service , in the most exquisite surroundings, Then Do stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, You really could not be dissapointed at all. Thank you to All Management & Staff , for making our stay so Happy and Memorable

Room Tip: Any room would be a superb room , though I was told any above the 6th floor were quieter, we were on the 8th Floor and it was wonderful to say the least.
2  Thank Reldi M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your kind comments about your recent stay. We certainly enjoyed serving you just as much as you did staying with us. I will make sure that your review gets passed on to the whole service team, it will definitely be a source of motivation an encouragement for the new year. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another happy and memorable stay.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

No matter where you go in the world, Sofitel always deliver a great product. And this would be one of their best managed hotels and certainly the best overall hotel in Phnom Penh.

The hotel is relatively new, the rooms are large and well appointed. And contained some really nice touches like high quality robes and L’Occitane toiletries.

We stayed there during peak-season, but the hotel was all but empty – which was kind of nice, because we ended up with a private pool and bar tender.

The staff were extremely friendly, smart and helpful in every way. Though someone of the secondary staff didn’t speak the best English (which can be found in other hotels in Phnom Penh, like the InterContinental, which is more established). However, a bar waiter called me at 3.00am while I was asleep to accuse me of stealing their cigar cutter and then continued harassing us about it the next day – felt like giving her $5 for the missing cutter, so she’d let us enjoy our drink in peace.

The Sofitel run their own Tuk Tuks, which meant you could relax a little more when you headed out into the Phnom Penh madness. All of the drivers spoke great English, were well dressed in uniforms and you felt a little safer. We had a great driver called Mada, who provided us with exceptional service.

The food was good, but you can get better 5 star food elsewhere in Cambodia. We did have an extremely disappointing meal at the FU LU ZU. However, be warned, the food and drinks are extremely expensive – probably twice the price to anywhere else in Cambodia (they’re more like imposed European prices). I’d recommend eating and drink out as much as you can – even at a different hotel.

Overall, a great stay and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. I am are very proud and happy to hear that you found us to be one best managed of 140 Sofitel hotels word-wide. Certainly a source of encouragement for the new year for the entire team. I do regret to hear about the misunderstanding you had with our bar waiters regarding a cigar cutter. I have addressed the issue with our Director of Food & Beverage, and I do hope and trust that it did not cause you any major inconvenience during your stay. Furthermore, I also regret to hear about your disappointment with our Chinese restaurant Fu Lu Zu. We usually take great pride of the high level of quality and service in all our 4 restaurants, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh for which I will personally see to that also your dining experience will be nothing short of spectacular.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Sofitel in Phnom Penh for two nights and have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Fantastic staff and the breakfast buffe leaves nothing more to wish for! Thank you for making our stay memorable!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BroensEgemalm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant time with us and that our hotel ambassadors could contribute in making your stay one to remember. We would all love to welcome you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh one day.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the very moment we entered the hotel you could tell the class, professionalism of management and staff. We felt so welcome and special from the very first moment we entered the hotel. The check in was great, you felt you were special and being cared for. The hotel room where very nice decorated with wooden floor. The breakfast - what a treat :-) all fresh and home made. The Italian resturant - one of the best I have ever eaten in here is SE Asia (and I have leave in SE Asia for almost 9 years). All staff would always greet you and you felt special because they made it like they could all remember you - we only stayed two nights but we could have stayed here for weeks :-)

thank you staff and management for making this so special for us

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DANINDO_couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am absolutely delighted to hear that we made you feel special during your stay with us, that’s exactly what our aim is. It is also great to hear from an experienced restaurant guest as yourself that you found our Italian Restaurant Do Forni best you had in SE Asia! I will personally pass on your great feedback to Chef Manuelo and his team. If you ever find the time, please do also share your experience with a review on the official Do Forni TripAdvisor page. All your kind words certainly are inspiring and gives the whole team a boost of encouragement for the new year. We can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.