1,637 results
All reviews la coupole the executive lounge do forni le bar club millesime club room aeon mall lobby bar tuk tuk main restaurant beautiful hotel business trip breakfast buffet five star hotel colonial style rooms are spacious junior suite
Reviewed January 4, 2013

No matter where you go in the world, Sofitel always deliver a great product. And this would be one of their best managed hotels and certainly the best overall hotel in Phnom Penh.

The hotel is relatively new, the rooms are large and well appointed. And contained some really nice touches like high quality robes and L’Occitane toiletries.

We stayed there during peak-season, but the hotel was all but empty – which was kind of nice, because we ended up with a private pool and bar tender.

The staff were extremely friendly, smart and helpful in every way. Though someone of the secondary staff didn’t speak the best English (which can be found in other hotels in Phnom Penh, like the InterContinental, which is more established). However, a bar waiter called me at 3.00am while I was asleep to accuse me of stealing their cigar cutter and then continued harassing us about it the next day – felt like giving her $5 for the missing cutter, so she’d let us enjoy our drink in peace.

The Sofitel run their own Tuk Tuks, which meant you could relax a little more when you headed out into the Phnom Penh madness. All of the drivers spoke great English, were well dressed in uniforms and you felt a little safer. We had a great driver called Mada, who provided us with exceptional service.

The food was good, but you can get better 5 star food elsewhere in Cambodia. We did have an extremely disappointing meal at the FU LU ZU. However, be warned, the food and drinks are extremely expensive – probably twice the price to anywhere else in Cambodia (they’re more like imposed European prices). I’d recommend eating and drink out as much as you can – even at a different hotel.

Overall, a great stay and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. I am are very proud and happy to hear that you found us to be one best managed of 140 Sofitel hotels word-wide. Certainly a source of encouragement for the new year for the entire team. I do regret to hear about the misunderstanding you had with our bar waiters regarding a cigar cutter. I have addressed the issue with our Director of Food & Beverage, and I do hope and trust that it did not cause you any major inconvenience during your stay. Furthermore, I also regret to hear about your disappointment with our Chinese restaurant Fu Lu Zu. We usually take great pride of the high level of quality and service in all our 4 restaurants, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh for which I will personally see to that also your dining experience will be nothing short of spectacular.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Sofitel in Phnom Penh for two nights and have absolutely nothing to complain about.
Fantastic staff and the breakfast buffe leaves nothing more to wish for! Thank you for making our stay memorable!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BroensEgemalm
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant time with us and that our hotel ambassadors could contribute in making your stay one to remember. We would all love to welcome you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh one day.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the very moment we entered the hotel you could tell the class, professionalism of management and staff. We felt so welcome and special from the very first moment we entered the hotel. The check in was great, you felt you were special and being cared for. The hotel room where very nice decorated with wooden floor. The breakfast - what a treat :-) all fresh and home made. The Italian resturant - one of the best I have ever eaten in here is SE Asia (and I have leave in SE Asia for almost 9 years). All staff would always greet you and you felt special because they made it like they could all remember you - we only stayed two nights but we could have stayed here for weeks :-)

thank you staff and management for making this so special for us

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DANINDO_couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am absolutely delighted to hear that we made you feel special during your stay with us, that’s exactly what our aim is. It is also great to hear from an experienced restaurant guest as yourself that you found our Italian Restaurant Do Forni best you had in SE Asia! I will personally pass on your great feedback to Chef Manuelo and his team. If you ever find the time, please do also share your experience with a review on the official Do Forni TripAdvisor page. All your kind words certainly are inspiring and gives the whole team a boost of encouragement for the new year. We can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there on Christmas Eve!! I was very disappointed when told it was fully booked for the buffet dinner. The manager of the western restaurant secured some tables for us at the Italian place which is just next door! Beautiful place!! I was lying by the pool waiting for my friends to come down for dinner when the waitress told me about some last minute cancellations for the buffet. We were able to have the big buffet!! It felt great! A great buffet too!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. It truly was a pleasure to have you staying with us over Christmas. It is really great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you finally go to enjoy our Christmas buffet in La Coupole. Best wishes for 2013 in which we all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We enjoyed our Club level room and service. Best breakfast buffet we enjoyed during our 2 week trip through Cambodia and Vietnam. Nice room, only drawback was noise from construction site where they are building biggest Cambodian mall just next to the hotel. It is not centrally located, but tuk tuk or taxi are so inexpensive, the 5 minute drive to center is not a problem. Do opt for the Club Level, the afternoon happy hour and extra service are worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room facing away from construction site, otherwise you will have noise until after midnight.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schnubi
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that our breakfast buffet in La Coupole was the best that you had during your 2 week trip. I will personally pass on your kind feedback to the culinary team. I do regret to hear that the construction site next to the hotel disturbed you during your stay. Certainly the area surrounding the hotel will be a lot more quiet and pleasant once the mall is completed. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We all genuinely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh very soon.

Charles Henri-Chevet