“Stayed in club millesime”

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Ranked #7 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on club level. Ms. Sokheang and mr. Rathna were excellent staff members and service was very good! They always provided recommendations for places to see as well. I would highly recommend the hotel at the club level.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank dmhawk58
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms and the access to our executive lounge “Club Millesime”. I will personally pass on your feedback to the the Club Millesime team and especially Ms. Sokheang and Mr. Rathna, they will surely be pleased. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back to us at the Sofitel Phnom Penh.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here after staying at the Intercontinental in PP and wow, we were blown away with the beauty and extravagance of this place. I thought the Intercontinental was nice, and it is, but this place is in a 5 star league. It's like stepping into the old world, and everything about this place was beautiful. The French colonial architecture, the rooms, the service, the L'Occitane bath products, the pool, and our favorite - the food. We paid the extra $30 or so a day for the upgrade for brunch and unlimited executive privileges including wine at happy hour as well as afternoon tea. This made our stay perfect!!! My husband and I were already wiped out from the rest of our trip so the two days we stayed here was more like a retreat than anything. Fresh, UNLIMITED macarons, cold Evian in a glass bottle, fresh french bread and delicately made chocolates were the perfect snack every afternoon. We would go before bed as well for more Evian and a few leftover imported cheese plates. The lounge is incredible peaceful and attractive as it overlooks the city.

The brunch is from another world!!! I have eaten at numerous hotel brunches but this one topped them all with a fresh ice cream parlor, numerous kinds of native soups, breakfast and pretty much everything. The quality was top notch.

ALSO, DO NOT MISS THE SPA!! We went between certain hours, I think before 4ish and received 30% off of a service. I highly recommend the Kyhmer massage. Complete and total bliss. My husband and I were able to get a couples massage in the same room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelgirl08
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Magnfique experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor. Your review is a truly great example of what makes it all worth to be in this business. As of today, your review is displayed on the ambassador notice board, it will certainly be a source of encouragement and motivation for the whole team. I will personally see to that you especially kind words about our Spa and Brunch reaches the wellness and culinary teams. Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, we simply can’t wait to welcome you and you husband back for yet another unforgettable stay.

Charles Henri Chevet

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'd been at Sofitel Phnom Penh at the beginning of September 2012. My staying was excellent, so it was the quality of the service, the comfort of the room, its cleanliness, the quality of the restaurants . Even the items offered in the shops were fine.The personnel was especially careful and dedicated, it gave us the maximum of comfort.
Franco Maula

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Franco M

Dear Franco,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay with us in September this year. It is great to hear that your stay was excellent and that you found almost everything to be of high quality. I am also happy to hear that our team of ambassadors could contribute in making your stay extra comfortable. We would all love to welcome you back to us during your next visit to Phnom Penh.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Sofitel. Having stayed in a number of Sofitels in Asia and the US, I was pleasantly surprised to find such a well-managed property in Phnom Penh. As it was my first trip to Phnom Penh, the marvelous service and condition of the hotel made my trip more memorable. I must commend the management and staff for the outstanding work and service. I enjoyed all my meals there, the pool and conference facilities. The hotel has huge grounds and very inviting tennis courts. I wished I had brought my racquet and gear.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the pool and river have better views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VictorSSChan
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for all your kind words. It always extra pleasing to receive such positive feedback from an experienced business traveller as yourself, as it shows we can compare to the best in the industry. I will pass on your feedback to the entire team, they will surely be very pleased. We very much look forward to your next visit to Sofitel Phnom Penh for which for which you need not to worry about bringing any tennis equipment or shoes, as we would be happy to lend it to you so you can make use of our tennis & squash courts.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here from the 5th to the 9th of November The service and friendliness in this hotel was amazing. The food in the restaurants was excellent. Maybe a little expensive for Phmom Penh, bit certainly not over the top. We loved the 4 nights we spent there and like to thank the staff for the wonderful experience

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank harryv989
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and all your kind words!

It is very rewarding and encouraging to read you great review. We are genuinely happy we could provide you with amazing service and that you loved your stay. I will personally pass on your thanks to entire team, they will surely be delighted. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back and show you yet another wonderful time.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at Sofitel for 3 nghts on a business trip to Cambodia, and was not disappointed. The rooms are well appointed, and the Lobby is an excellent place for meetings as well as chilling out. I like the bright airy ambience throughout. There is a good buffet spread for breakfast at the La Coupole Restaurant. The Hotel has also a very tasteful and well run Spa. One slight negative is the grounds around the Hotel is rather sparse, and in need of additional landscaping. Whilst the location is slightly out of the way in terms of waterfront, the positive news is there will be a large shopping mall completed in 2014 which should improve amenities

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you found our hotel an excellent place for both business and relaxation. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet in La Coupole and treatments in our So SPA. I will personally pass on your kind feedback to the teams. I made a note of your feedback regarding the hotel grounds. In fact, a large amount of trees and greenery have been planted earlier this year, which will surely help make the grounds appear less sparse within a near future. Thank you again for all your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Phnom Penh.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Hotel is all about colonial charm and attentive service. The property is well maintained and decorated with an excellent blend of old-time charm and modern functionality. Stayed 2 nights in this excellent – really beautiful hotel. The restaurants are great. Rooms are excellent. The room I was in had a wonderful balcony overlooking the centrally located swimming pool. Service in the hotel was impeccable and could not be faulted. I would very happily stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your experience at the Sofitel Phnom Penh with us. It really is encouraging to receive all your kind feedback about our rooms, restaurants and service. I will make sure that it gets passed on to the entire team. We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again, to show you yet another spectacular time.