Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
$74
$49
$41
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
$54
$193
$174
Trip.com
1,555 results
All reviewsla coupolethe executive loungedo forniclub millesimele barclub roomlobby baraeon malltuk tukmain restaurantbusiness tripbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetfive star hotelcolonial stylerooms are spaciousjunior suite
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We (two adults) spent four days in town. It was our first visit to Cambodia as part of a tour of one month around South East Asia. Everything that relates to this hotel was just perfect: the location, the ambience, the service, the food, the room. An oasis of peace in the middle of a buzzling city. What really stood up was the attentiveness of the hotel staff, though carried out very discreetly. We had few problems regarding our room booking and flight to Seam Reap caused by our European tour operator and the front desk manager resolved them quickly, taking the pressure and stress away. They organised an external car service to replace our flight to Seam Reap (highly recommended if you want to experience inland Cambodia, but avoid dawn as there is no lighting on the strees). We asked for advice on restaurants and bars and we had excellent advice from the front desk and loved the places we visited, all excellent value for money and genuine. We also had lunch and dinner in the hotel and food&wine were excellent with plenty of choice (Lounge Bar, Le Coupole and Chocolat cafeterie with some of the best chocolate ever). Great boutique as well with very fine silk crafts. I had to use the business center to organise some urgent documents and within minutes I had a courier to Europe sorted out. Compared to the other places (all 5 star hotels) we have been using during our trip, this has been been indeed the best one for service with a personal touch.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ElisabettaR17
FDeman, Resident Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

We are so flattered to know that we are the best 5 star hotel you stayed-in during your one month tour around South East Asia, and we thank you for the compliments of our food and ambience and moreover we are so glad you enjoyed the attentiveness of our Sofitel Ambassadors as you experienced during your four day stay.

Thank you for your positive comments, it really makes the team feel good when their contributions are recognized.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward you'll visit us again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Located near the river side, the Sofitel Phokeetra Phnom Penh is a great place for families, honey mooners and business people.
The hotel is new and the staff members are well trained, attentive, service minded and appear to be genuinely delightful. Breakfast is superb with a huge selection of international food, bakery goods and even ice cream. The bakery basket complete with Danish and chocolate croissant is outstanding, so those on a diet will need to exercise strong will power from these delicious treats! Other F&B outlets were equally impressive with an extensive menu.
The hotel also features a spa and a nicely size gym with new equipment, free weights and machines.
The views from the room are beautiful. We had a river facing room with balcony views of the sunset and sunrise over Phnom Penh.
Rooms themselves are large and spacious with luxuriously comfortable beds and loccitane bathroom amenities.
This is a wonderful place to stay to explore phnom penh and come back to a comfortable space at the end of the day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thaliaandrews
FDeman, Resident Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Dear Madam,

I thank you very much for such a positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your comments have been shared with our entire team and it really serves as an enouragement to continue to provide all of our guests with the high standard of service we pride ourselves in.

Our Executive Chef Sakal was very pleased to hear about his ''superb'' breakfast and the bakery basket you enjoyed.

I thank you also for the special mention on our rooms that offer great river views were you can enjoy the sunset on your balcony, as well the location of our propery that you appreciated each time after a bustling day in Phnom Penh.

I truly look forward to your next stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was in Sofitel Phnom Penh last week for a short stay of 2 nights on work. The hotel is charming and the service is excellent. Great staff, extremely helpful and friendly which I had not expected having just returned from a trip in Spore. That was a pleasant surprise. I love the small gesture of turning up my bed in the evening when I am out. Also the food spread was good. I would love to come again possibly on a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank siew hooi t
FDeman, Resident Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2011

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Your recommendation of our hotel Ambassadors and excellent service, food spread as well the overall decoration is much appreciated. Our Ambassadors really enjoys it when we get a positive review because it reinforce that they did a good job and like working here.

Thank you again for your great review, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon! Send me a note on H6526-GM1@Sofitel.com with your vacation planning and I can assure your second stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra is five stars as well!

With very best regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had an extremely comfortable 3-night stay in a Superior Room and the daily turn-down service of fresh macaroons was a very nice touch. The squash courts were excellent and I understand these are still the only ones in Phnom Penh. Other than that the food was delicious and the staff were charming and helpful at every opportunity.

As a tourist this was also a good base from which to see the sights. Nowhere I went was further than a 15 minute tuk-tuk ride away. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank hentug

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your 3-nights stay! Your compliments of our location, rooms and squash courts are very well received. We are glad you enjoyed our fresh macaroons so much. It is part of our daily turn-down service for all guests and a signature from our French elegance we serve here in the capital of Cambodia.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally before your next arrival so I can ensure your second stay is five stars as well.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed at the Superior Room for 2 nights. The location of Sofitel Phokeethra is a bit far from the tourist attractions and Sisowath Quay and the hotel does not provide any shuttle service at the moment. Its rought 25 minutes walk to Sisowath Quay and 5 minutes by tuk tuk.
The hotel is huge and very spacious. There is hardly any other guests in sight during my stay there. The pool looks inviting but very hot in the afternoon as there are no big trees around. The gym is new and adequately equipped but with no view.
Food at The La Couple restaurant is good. Try the local dish called "Amok". Given an option, I would have preferred Raffles, Le Royal for my next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Ruds10

Dear Sir,

Excellent service is what we would like to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the various inconveniences that you experienced and that you were not able to completely relax while staying as our guest
during your stay.

Thank you for complimenting the food and service at our restaurant La Coupole. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience there and our signature dish ''Fish Amok"'.

We look forward to have the chance to welcome you again and I am confident you will enjoy the many ongoing updates to our hotel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally before your next visit at H6526-GM1@Sofitel.com

With very best regards,