“Proper Nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
London, United Kingdom
“Proper Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed here for two nights as we first arrived and the day we left Cambodia. Really nice, new modern hotel with all the bells and whistles. We stayed in two different rooms as we stayed in two different rooms, both were very nice. My only complaint is that one room was super stylish, so much so that it didn't have a bathroom door. I unfortunately got diarreah the night we stayed. I had to send my girlfriend to the balcony so I could do my business. I also left my ipod with her during the night if I needed to go, which was fine for the noise. But not so good for the smell :-s

The French owner / manager was nice, (despite never making eye contact). His eyes were locked on my girlfriend! But he was very knowledgeable about Cambodia and speaks Khmer. He was very tentative and provided a great service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank propernice
the252, Manager at the 252, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for your review and compliment.
We only have one room with no Bathroom door, and we will try to solve this problem as soon as possible.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

We splurged a bit (55 USD/night) and stayed at the 252 on our first and last nights in Cambodia - and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

It is like an oasis set in the madness of the capital and serves as a welcoming retreat at the end of a long day.

The staff are super friendly. The rooms are gorgeous. Pool is lovely. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank kate_jean
Dear guest,
Thank you for having shared your experiences here at the 252. We are happy that you enjoyed relaxing in our oasis after long days of sightseeing. We hope to have you back with us next time you are in Cambodia.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a chic, cool, boutique hotel to stay at in Phnom Penh. The hotel is so much more personal than the larger rather dull hotels catering to business travellers. The management are so friendly and made me feel very welcome during my stay in the city.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank SingleMindedExplorer
Dear guest,
Thank you for the nice review on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you next time you visit Cambodia.
Olten
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

I stay in the hotel for a few day, I liked very much, a great pool with the bar, the food was also excellent, the staff is very friendly, so I can just to recomendation this hotel. I hope I can go back soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank SonneSchweiz
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We hope to have you back here at the 252 soon.
france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

This hotel is very pleasent and a cozy destination !
The staff is attentive, the services are good level and the spirit is nice.

In detail, the pool was very nice for relaxing, my bedroom was great and the bedding was perfect for me.
The Wifi spots are all very quick... for working... ;-) I mixed the job and holliday with my wife.

Great value.
I going back to "the 252" !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank tmeclk
Dear guest,
We wanted to thank you for having left the first review for our hotel here on TripAdvisor. Should you have the chance to come back to Phnom Penh, we would be happy to have you with us.