“Relaxing, great staff”

Ranked #11 of 265 Hotels in Phnom Penh
London
“Relaxing, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very busy city so to stay in a quiet hotel was a great relief. Breakfast is very good and you eat it by the pool. Very clean hotel. Rooms are a good size and clean. Staff are very helpful and will go the extra mile to see you are alright. It was a great relief to come back there each day and have a swim and a drink at the bar beside the pool. Very good evening meal everything is cooked fresh. I recommend the khymer set meal. $6-7 for a tuk tuk from the airport.

Room Tip: The standard rooms were on the ground floor (some people prefer this) I would pay extra for the next...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hilLondon
Dear guests,
Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the 252. All meals that are served at the hotel restaurant are indeed cooked fresh. Our Khmer set menu gives a great possibility to discover different typical Cambodian specialties and it is very much appreciated by our customers.
We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Cambodia.
Stéphane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed 1 night

The taxi ride here from the airport cost $9 usd,pay the driver at arrival....

Getting to this hotel was hectic though the busy traffic,totally chaos !!!!! Arriving at this hotel
was a relief,it was calm an pieceful....with a lovely pool as we walked in, with nice cabana......

We were welcome by friendly staff,offer a refreshing drink an escorted to our room on the
Second floor.Huge room an bathroom all made of concrete ,including the bed,mattress was
The hardest I have ever had....OMG !!!! Like a rock!!!! TV,air con an fans.

Had dinner here,it was very nice with great prices .....breakfasts was a choice of 2 different
Types ,American,continental ....it was very nice.....

Happy hour was $2.50 a cocktail from 5-7 pm nightly......

Free wifi was fairly quick an worked throughout the resort......

Overall this place is fairly small boutique ,nice outdoor setting along the pool,large rooms,friendly staff....a good find for PP........

Ciao

ELISA Australia

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elisa,
Thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the 252. Please ask for a soft mattress next time you are with us, we have them available upon request! As Swiss owned hotel, we have two choices of breakfast, the traditional continental breakfast and the healthy Swiss breakfast with yogurt, cereals and fruits. We are looking forward to welcome you again next time you are in Phnom Penh.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

So many positives for the 252 - we were travelling as a group of six plus an 8 month old baby - so The 252 suited us really well. Restaurant had a terrific variety of meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner were all good and for us convenient when the baby was too tired to venture out. The owner was incredibly helpful and friendly. Loved the decor of the rooms - bed is very firm but we like it like that. The only reason I didn't score 5 stars is that the noise of people walking around in the room above was really bad at times. During day you don't notice but one night guests in the room above us came home late and the noise kept us awake.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guests,
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that all of you enjoyed your stay at the 252. We apologize for the guests that came back late one night and kept you kept you awake! We always remind our guests to keep the peace at night. Should there be an exception, please speak to the night guards.
We are looking forward to have you back with us next time you are in Phnom Penh.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I loved staying here. the design of the hotel is modern & funky. Our room was very clean & comfortable. Cool little balcony overlooking the pool area of the hotel. The pool area is gorgeous. As you enter the premises, you pull back a big heavy sliding gate & there in front of you is an oasis of calm. A crystal clear pool, lots of plants & to one side of the pool is the restaurant. To the other are lovely little cabanas, where my husband & I spent a whole afternoon, reading, swimming & indulging in their lovely cocktails. It was divine after spending the morning walking around phnom penh and its wonderful markets in the humid heat. The service was spot on. Nicole who was running the hotel when we were there, was the perfect host. She gave us a very warm welcome on our arrival. We also got a chance to chat with her after dinner one one evening. She is a lovely lady and a great host. The only criticism I would make, there are no phones in the rooms, & I needed to make some travel plans. Although the girls at reception were more than happy to help out & made all the calls for me. When I return to Phnom Penh, this is the first place I'll call to make a reservation.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room 14. We loved it. It had a balcony overlooking the pool. It was of no issu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AccaliaRadioTwo
Dear guests,
Thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and we are happy to read that you felt at ease here at the 252. It is true that the little cabanas are very welcoming after a sightseeing day in Phnom Penh. We hope to have you back next time you are in Cambodia.
Warrnambool, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just loved loved this accommodation while on our wonderful holiday in Cambodia. So much in fact we came back to phnom phen and added a couple of extra nights. Our rooms were beautifully decororated,we had the duluxe I think. It was a beautiful haven. The swimming pool was fantastic andwe all loved the gazebos with large cushions. At night it was lit up beautifully. We loved the restaurant there also, and often had lunch as well as dinner .

I really must say the staff were absolutely fantastic especially the restaurant and bar outdoor staff. They were very friendly and really need a pat on the back for being such wonderful smiling welcoming staff.

So well done the 252 and staff and thank you for making our stay so wonderful .

Room Tip: Loved the pool front duluxe rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank darkiel
Stéphane C, Propriétaire at the 252, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience here at the 252. We are happy to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and we will pass your compliments to our team. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back during your next holiday in Cambodia.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on my own (I'm female!). It felt friendly and safe and the staff dealt quickly with any questions etc. My only suggestions would be fresh rather than carton juice at breakfast, an Asian breakfast choice and mosquito coils at night outside. If you want a good tuk tuk driver to take you round ask for Richard who is based outside the hotel. Not only was he reliable and reasonable but resourceful too - he got me to the genocide museum on a day when all the main roads were closed and not many visitors made it (route involved many dirt roads!).

• Stayed August 2013
Stéphane C, Propriétaire at the 252, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the 252. We have taken note of your suggestions and will discuss them with our team. With regard to the mosquito coils, we used to place them into each pavilion in the evening time, but as most of the guests are using repellants, we decided to have them available at the bar upon request. We hope to welcome you again next time you are in Phnom Penh.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I decided to book into the 252 for the second time after 3 years since last visiting PP. This time I was on my own with 2 kids (14 and 8) and booked a triple room on the 1st floor. We were traveling with friends, who have an eco resort in the south and they had booked elsewhere (White Mansion) but we really wanted to go back to the 252 as we had fond memories of our first visit and loved the pool. It was a flying trip before heading back to Dubai via KL and I was actually pretty disappointed this time around. It didn't help that I was struck with a nasty virus on the first night, waking up at 3am with terrible shivers and freezing. The next day a hospital visit sort of put an end to any more hanging out at the 252 and when I was discharged I slept at White Mansion with my friends for the second booked night. Don't get me wrong, staff are pleasant, the hotel is as pretty and as clean as I remember from our first visit. It was the room that really let the whole thing down a bit. On the first floor and right next to the stairs (room 9) I literally could hear every clack clack clack of heels on the stairs and everyone coming and going with their suitcases at 5am no less. Peaceful it was not. I did request to be moved but as we needed a triple room apparently none were available. The noise I can honestly say is the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel, ever. The room also was at the back, so the two windows basically looked out onto a wall only a few feet away making the room very dark. In terms of the room itself, the design is nice and simple, polished concrete and glass in both the room and bathroom. Nice clean white sheets and pillows. TV reception was terrible but then who's there for TV? Its just useful if you need some downtime with the kids. The water was always piping hot, which when I was sick was lovely. The bed only comes with one thin sheet, but blankets are available on request. When I was too sick to know what to do, the staff kindly helped me organize the trip to hospital - though after they charged me for the phone call that was made to the doctors which I thought a bit mean. But hey ho. The pool is indeed as lovely as I remember, and for this I think you get your moneys worth alone at the 252, its just lovely and the cabanas are a great touch. Beware of the mossies however, they really do have a big problem there so make sure you have plenty of repellant for both the pool and the rooms at night. All in all we would definitely go back to the 252 again, but will be very specific in future about which room to book as this really changed everything for us on this occasion. Top floors, front facing, with balcony and at end of corridor away from the stairs will be my request. Anything else should be avoided, including room 9!!!

Room Tip: Away from the stairs to avoid the noise and front of building overlooking the pool if you want light...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stéphane C, Propriétaire at the 252, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you could not fully enjoy your stay with us due to your bad virus. With regard to the rooms at the 252, we have Deluxe rooms with balcony/terrace and pool view, Standard double/twin rooms and one Standard triple room that are facing backwards. In some of the Deluxe rooms we can add an extra bed on the side sofa, but unfortunately this was not possible during your stay as all of these rooms were fully booked. Nevertheless, do not hesitate to book a Deluxe room with extra bed next time you are staying with us. Thank you for letting us know that the TV reception was not working well in your room. It has been fixed in the meantime. We would like to apologize for the noise in the staircase. The guests who checked out that morning did not inform us and carried their luggage downstairs on their own. Usually we have our guards who take care of this, and that early in the morning they take care of all other guests being asleep. We hope to have you and your family back with us next time you visit Cambodia.