“Beautiful building, average food”

FCC Phnom Penh Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #64 of 1,474 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FCC Phnom Penh Restaurant and Bar - Casual open-air dining on the MekongWith a passion for fusion cuisine, FCC group chef has created the FCC menu, introducing generous flourishes of traditional Khmer flavors spiked with funky French influences. While the menu is still built on FCC main-stays such as beer-battered fish and chips, deli-fresh sandwhiches, and wood-fired pizzas, the heart of the menu remains a finely crafted blend of Asian, Mediterranean and Western-influenced flavours.The BarThe "F", as those know to frequent the big horseshoe bar call it, has served stiff drinks, camaraderie and comfort to a storied cast of journalists and diplomats, movie stars and intrepid travellers since 1993.Back then, when The "F" first opened its doors, the bar gave shelter from the gritty and tense streets of the capital, where an uneasy peace was just taking hold. Writers and their sources traded secrets in the shadows. Diplomats drank their per diems, swapped social strategies and spilled their martinis.Today, the bar still serves a stiff extra-dry, and the journos still pass through on the great hunt. The tension is gone. But there's still plenty of action, and the liquor, on occasion, still gets spilled.Open Daily 7:00 a.m. - MidnightHappy Hour 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We visited the FCC as one of our first stops and were very impressed with the building and its features - from the restaurant to the upstairs bar everything is beautiful, however; the food was really quite average.

Dry and not very tasty and we could not recommend eating here. But having said that it is still probably worth stopping by for a drink just to have a look at the place - it does have that cool, old world feel to it.

There are newer reviews for FCC Phnom Penh Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have been here many times in the last seven years and, although we still go at least once every trip, mainly for the view across the river at lunchtimes I would like to go there more often and enjoy it. The food and drink is perfectly fine but the staff need a fire lighting under them. Even with the restaurant almost empty the service is painful. Even waving and calling politely produces little reaction and even. Then it is slow. It is one of the few places where even my American friends rarely tip which hardly ever happens. Sort that out FCC and you will see a lot more of us and we are not the only people I town who feel this way, give us a reason to climb all those stairs, we want to, really!

1  Thank UKVictor
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been a regular customer for the past 4 years. Unfortunately the service is not what it was. Very long delays, mistakes with billing, difficulties to get a glass of water, and this evening could not get what I have ordered! So I left!
Honestly, I am very disappointed.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I went here for a business lunch.
We where seated at a nice table on the balcony overlooking the river.
The beer we drank was served in tall European style glasses and selection on offer included many European lagers as well all the usual Cambodian ones.
A good selection of both Khmer and western food available on the menu.
The Asian beef salad I ate was really great and contained a wide variety of salad leaves and sprouts that I don't often find in Cambodia.
The staff are well trained and very friendly

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having been to the FCC in HK on several occasions, that is what an FCC ought to be like - but this just felt like any old bar. We were quite disappointed about the fact that it was just a regular touristy bar. great views and completely acceptable booze.

Wouldn't make a special trip for this.