“Home sweet home”
Review of Lone Star Saloon

Lone Star Saloon
Ranked #189 of 1,443 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lone Star Saloon is a Texas themed bar and grill located in Central Phnom Penh just a few yards away from the st. 51 entertainment district. We specialize in Southern home cooking. Our menu features Chicken Fried Steak, Slow Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches.....and many more southern favorites. We are open early for breakfast and stock a full bar. We are primarily an expat's bar, although our staff and clientele are extremely friendly and we can help newbies navigate their way around the city..or the country. We are a family run business and we treat our customers as family. We strive to provide good value for money with inexpensive drinks and healthy food portions. We are not in any way a girlie bar.........just a friendly saloon.
Pattaya, Thailand
“Home sweet home”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Down home place, with friendly waitstaff and loads of stuff on the walls to look at while waiting for your food.

I had a generous chicken fried steak with real mashed potatoes. The gravy was perfect and I ate very morsel. One of the best I've had and I've been around many years.

My friend had three, huge fish tacos and I didn't get to sample any as he consumed every bit.

A great find and I'll definitely be back to sample the ribs and meatloaf.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
“Excellent delivery experience”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I've ordered in from them several times and enjoyed it every time. The food arrives in a reasonable time and is always still hot. Drivers are polite and respectful.

1 Thank Kate P
Camboforever, Owner at Lone Star Saloon, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Delivery can sometimes be a thankless task. Often, people call for delivery because they don't want to fight rush hour traffic...........and then are sometimes upset because our driver had to spend a lot of time fighting that traffic to get to them. We sure appreciate the great feedback, and I will pass it along to our drivers and staff. Thanks!
“Delicious Ribs and Texas style!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The food is great. The bar is well stocked. The restaurant is very clean and efficient. The staff is friendly and provides wonderful service. Highly recommended when you are in the mood for ribs and the taste of Texas!

Pasadena, California
“Great food meets great service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

While staying in cambodia I sampled different items on the menu, and everything was from above average to excellent...stand outs were ribs, tacos, onion rings...portions were large and the food seemed to have a level of quality and care that sometimes is missing in Asia's, western cuisine....service was attentive and friendly with a nice relaxed atmosphere...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tony t
Hong Kong, China
“Go there for the ribs !”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Nice bar tucked away of the main drag. Some tuk tuk drivers know it but not all....if you have trouble most know Le Cyclo which is very near.
Lone star it's run by an American guy, his Khmer wife and several of her family members. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and you are always made to feel welcome. For me the thing that sets this place apart are the ribs, which are very good. I am guessing this is probably the only place in Phnom Penh that smoke Thier own and they have been consistently good over a few visits now.
Not a particularly local place to go, but when you just fancy some good old comfort food, this is a good option.