“Great food meets great service”
Review of Lone Star Saloon

Lone Star Saloon
Ranked #189 of 1,443 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American
Description: The Lone Star Saloon is a Texas themed bar and grill located in Central Phnom Penh just a few yards away from the st. 51 entertainment district. We specialize in Southern home cooking. Our menu features Chicken Fried Steak, Slow Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches.....and many more southern favorites. We are open early for breakfast and stock a full bar. We are primarily an expat's bar, although our staff and clientele are extremely friendly and we can help newbies navigate their way around the city..or the country. We are a family run business and we treat our customers as family. We strive to provide good value for money with inexpensive drinks and healthy food portions. We are not in any way a girlie bar.........just a friendly saloon.
Pasadena, California
“Great food meets great service”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

While staying in cambodia I sampled different items on the menu, and everything was from above average to excellent...stand outs were ribs, tacos, onion rings...portions were large and the food seemed to have a level of quality and care that sometimes is missing in Asia's, western cuisine....service was attentive and friendly with a nice relaxed atmosphere...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tony t

• Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Go there for the ribs !”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Nice bar tucked away of the main drag. Some tuk tuk drivers know it but not all....if you have trouble most know Le Cyclo which is very near.
Lone star it's run by an American guy, his Khmer wife and several of her family members. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and you are always made to feel welcome. For me the thing that sets this place apart are the ribs, which are very good. I am guessing this is probably the only place in Phnom Penh that smoke Thier own and they have been consistently good over a few visits now.
Not a particularly local place to go, but when you just fancy some good old comfort food, this is a good option.

San Diego, California
“Fantastic Ribs!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I came here with some friends on a weekend getaway to Phnom Penh, and decided on Lone Star for dinner. The place is sort of tucked away and a bit rustic, far from the annoying tourist areas, but still close enough to everything.

The ribs were fantastic... smoked and tender, and for good value. The bar also has a lot of hard to find whiskies, ryes and tequilas to sample from.

For true American flavors and comfort food, this place is as good as it gets. A bonus for me (possibly a negative for some others),is that smoking is allowed inside.

I will be back for sure.

Mike ('Maybe Later' in Sihanoukville)

• Visited January 2014
darwin
“Average”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

After eating in Free Bird many times in Phnom Penh, I decided to eat in the Lone Star. I was the only customer and so the service was good, I ordered Cheese Burger and chips, the food was okay and the burger quite big, but the staff did not make me feel at home, they did not make much conversation with me and there was a child taking up their time. I am not a big fan of staff children in a business like this.

The place was quite bright with the lights and so the atmosphere was not quite on track, and the decor a little on the budget side.

Even though the food was okay, the Lone Star did not make me feel I would rush back.

• Visited February 2014
Camboforever, Owner at Lone Star Saloon, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for coming in. Sorry if having kids around is not your cup of tea. My young boy is usually about.........as is our cook's young daughter. We are a family place that is much more a restaurant than a bar, and we love kids around here. Not sure I agree with your comment about atmosphere..............looks pretty Texan to me.
World
“western food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

fox news we could do without...even if you are "texan" take it down ...staff are very nice and never frown

Visited January 2014