“Ok food”
Review of Lone Star Saloon

Lone Star Saloon
Ranked #162 of 1,486 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American
Description: The Lone Star Saloon is a Texas themed bar and grill located in Central Phnom Penh just a few yards away from the st. 51 entertainment district. We specialize in Southern home cooking. Our menu features Chicken Fried Steak, Slow Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork Sandwiches.....and many more southern favorites. We are open early for breakfast and stock a full bar. We are primarily an expat's bar, although our staff and clientele are extremely friendly and we can help newbies navigate their way around the city..or the country. We are a family run business and we treat our customers as family. We strive to provide good value for money with inexpensive drinks and healthy food portions. We are not in any way a girlie bar.........just a friendly saloon.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had lunch at this location last week. Not much people were there when I arrive, but it got busy quickly. The location was quiet, which I enjoyed very much. But it would really help if they could turn the a/c up a little. As for food, its ok. Nothing special.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Really good American BBQ. I especially like the pulled pork sandwich. The ham and cheese melt is also solid. Really nice waitresses too.

Potentially the best thing about this place is their Golden Tee Golf

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Please note: This is a review of only the restaurant, NOT the guesthouse.

We were quite excited to visit the Lone Star from checking out the website and set out to eat there on our final night in Phnom Penh. I really really wanted to enjoy my last meal in Cambodia but sadly I was disappointed.

The interior is a cute little place and well decorated in Texan style. The waitresses were what I would call "efficiently friendly" but felt slightly cold with no real warmth. For starters we ordered the Hot Wings which I can honestly say were fantastic and worth a star by themselves - genuinely very good and I wish we had more of them.

Sadly, the main course didn't meet the standard of the starter. The ribs were ok and I was quite impressed that they are actually cooked in a slow cooker that sits just outside the main entrance. The ribs were ok, but slightly dry I felt. Our other main course though was unfortunately quite frankly inedible. We ordered the chicken steak in country gravy and I had to leave it after just a few mouthfuls. The meat was grey, old and tired; the gravy a disgusting white substance that looked like icing on a cake. It was also all congealed and I was able to pick the entire thing up with my fork. The owner of the bar was sat directly opposite while I was trying to eat but never once greeted us or asked how we were doing despite the obvious look of disappointment on our faces. No waitress asked if we enjoyed the meal either.

Much as I tried to like this place, I wouldn't visit again.

1  Thank Gareth B
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very small saloon on quiet street behind the center. The guest mainly foreigners. The hostess - small cheerful cambodian women. Very delicios meal, different cuisenes. All in american style. Only one problem - too small place. But it looks confidential :)

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Good place.
Small and only 2 tables fit up to 4 people, but service is good, food tasty and fair selection of drinks. Also personnel is friendly and at least some of them knows English well enougth. If you'd like to visit a place with "small bar over the corner of the street" feeling it's your choice. As a pleasant addition it's located on a very silent street and traffic will not bother your stay