“travel across cambodai”
Review of Feeling Home

Feeling Home
Ranked #106 of 335 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed in phnom penh last month. The room is big and breakfast is very good. I really enjoy
my stay. The only one that I don't like is staff can't speak english properly but they are helpful.
Everything is fine to me. If I be in phnom penh again, I still prefer to stay in Feeling Home.

Room Tip: thanks with this specail trip
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank godvis b

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at Feeling Home to kill time before I left for Vietnam and as I didn't have much on my agenda to do in Phnom Penh, I spent more time in the hotel than I normally would and it worked out fine. The food in the hotel downstairs, Home Cuisine, is just fine, but if it is not to your liking there are other bars and restaurants around, some right across the street. There is also a supermarket up the road. Location is fine, and it is easy to get around with motorbikes or tuk tuk, but I like to walk, so I walked everywhere. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. The only drawback is the free wi-fi. I was in the room on the top floor and the signal was so weak up there that I couldn't pick up the wi-fi. An ethernet cable is provided but since I did not have a laptop, that proved to be useless, so I had to go to the lobby to connect. It wasn't really a big deal but I would suggest that they try a signal booster instead.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home in Phnom Penh!

On be half of my management team, we would like to say thank so much for your commend. we will try to update our service more and more.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here for a brief business trip. First night I had a room behind the reception desk. Although the room was ok it was very noisy and I wasn't impressed by a drunken tourist at 2am!
Next night the incredibly helpful manager moved me upstairs and the room was lovely.
You are at the top of a nice street with lots of restaurants and cafes and pretty well placed for the rest of the city.
I'd stay here again (upstairs) and there aren't many hotels in PP that I have said that about.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend on trip advisor, it was help us alot to understand more and more to keep our cosistent seriver.

Thanks and Best Wishes

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Feeling Home hotel. I had a room on the top floor which meant a lot of stair climbing (3-4 floors) as there are no elevators. However, the staff was very helpful and attentive; willing to help me book onward travel, carrying my luggage and even helping me to check the room before I left to ensure I did not forget anything!
The included breakfast was the best I have had in Cambodia. I was able to order off the menu including the fruit shakes and although the restaurant staff's English could be a bit better, I was able to pretty much get everything I wanted including eggs, fruit, toast, butter, ham, bacon, etc.
The location of Feeling Home was just what I was looking for. It is about a 20 minute walk to the palace and silver pagoda (although in my opinion, both are worth skipping), and also within a 15 minute walk to Tuol Sleng prison.
My biggest complaint with Feeling Home was the internet connection. It was hit and miss although this appears common in Cambodia. However, as this is my only real complaint, it would not keep me from staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors - the internet may be better and there is not as many stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in PP!

With regard to your commend, we would like to say thank so much and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Thanks & Best Wisehs,

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff was friendly and the breakfast, made to order, was good. However, the rooms are quite basic and the location isn't really convenient to anything. I thought it was overpriced for this city. I had booked two stays, and canceled the second one after my first stay. They have two buildings. The one I stayed in didn't have an elevator if that is an issue.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank flaphoto
Leakhena P, Director of Sales at Feeling Home, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting Form Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend, we will be note on it and update on ourself.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Gorup Marketing Director

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Having some plumbing problems so had to move out for awhile....stayed at Feeling Home two nights. I think they are more geared to hotel-style apartment rentals, but we had a regular hotel room although it was immediately upgraded for free. They seem to own the restaurant and cafe outside but on the same corner. Our room was right off the lobby, it was beautiful, but my partner complained of noise. The furnishings are dark wood, very new and wonderful. The bathroom is unique, entering behind to sliding wooden doors. The staff was really helpful. I had internet problems, but it could have been my own firewall because others were connected with no problem.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stayed at Feeling Home in the serviced apartments which are attached to the main building.

Good:
The room was nice with a big comfy bed (pillow not the best). There was TV with film channels among others, tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary water each day.
Hotel staff were very friendly and spoke good English. We booked a tuk tuk for the day through them and also our onwards bus ticket to Siem Reap which all worked out well.
There is a restaurant and cafe attached, however we found cheaper just down the road. There were quite a few different restaurants you could walk to easily, and also supermarkets.
Breakfast was huge, definitely value for money. It just kept being served, pastries, juice, coffee, fruit.
There are a few internet cafes nearby that you can walk to.
Bad:
We were three or four flights up stairs, so if you are unable to climb then this would not be good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple