“Good”

La Residence
Ranked #82 of 1,499 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Splendid French restaurant in a modern palace. belongs to a member of the royal family. Oyster flown in from France daily, really special. Opened in 2008
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The interior was very tastefully done but we had a very pleasant evening sitting in the garden since it was a lovely evening....take insect repellant . The French Onion soup was delicious.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like fine dining. I admit it. This is because I visit Phnom Penh monthly for business trips and I need to entertain customers. Yes, I do indulge in street food there but once in awhile after a long travel, heat and white knuckle traffic, I just want to be treated well. So when the California debacle on banning foei gras came out on CNN when I was in Nagaworld I decided to google for it with Phnom Penh behind those two words and this restaurant was recommended.

I took a tuktuk over for lunch alone and was greeted in a private oasis. Do you now why someone wrote this place is the 'right atmosphere'? I later found out this place used to be the residence of a former Prime Minister. I have visited this place a few times already for lunch meetings and the service is impeccable. Some may say it is expensive but if you had French dining in other developed nations, this is cheap. Of course if you compare to your $2 burger by the Riverside it is expensive.

Visit their website and look at the menu. One word: tantalizing.

I love the gardens and always book my seat facing it. I will not hesitate to visit there again. And I would recommend you to give a try to enjoy delicious fine dining in a serene environment where for once in a chaotic environment you can find peace and class.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

La residence is in a nice Mansion , the place is immaculate and definitely looks upmarket. The place was a bit quiet when we went there but it was Sunday night. Service is very attentive, the food we ordered came reasonably quickly. Our sea fish in champagne sauce with mashed potatoes and duck fillet served with mushrooms and vegetable were both excellent and representative of what French modern cuisine is about. Overall a good experience although the price category in trip advisor is not right. More a $$$ than the supposedly 2 to 6 AUD. Count about 50 $ pp for a two course meal with drinks, still slightly cheaper than in the west for the same quality of food and service.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The right atmosphere, excellent food, great selection of Wine. Thats the strength of this place. If there are not too many customers the service is a bit overburden, but apart from this I would recommend without hesitation....

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This french restaurant is high class, from the amazing and beautiful home to the quality of the food but not only. Indeed, they have understood what "Art de la Table" is!

I go most of the time at lunch time, their set menu includes starter, main dish, dessert and cafe for $15 ++.

For dessert lovers, try the mille-feuille and the macarons, probably the best one i ever had.

1  Thank Xavier L