“Hands down the best French cuisine”
Review of Topaz

Topaz
Reserve with Chope
Topaz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,719 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to welcome you for a genuine fine-dining experience with exquisite flavors and authentic taste combinations of ultra-fresh and exceptional ingredients.
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Always wanted to give this place a try, and wanted to save it for a special occasion because judging from the pictures, it looked pricey. I finally had the chance to come here, after about 20 minutes of traffic jam on Norodom (gotta love Phnom Penh after work).
It is so beautiful here. Posh, romantic and comfortable interior plus the bathrooms are great! Clean and modern and they had a cool sink fixture.
This place is beautiful, they serve delicious French food that's not too "weird". All our mains were packed with flavor. The dessert is spectacular I don't have even an inkling of a sweet tooth and I couldn't get enough of all the different types of desserts. My only complaint is that the dishes were a little expensive and the service was a little slow but that might have been because it was pretty busy.

If you're looking for a place to take a girl out on a nice date this is it.
If you're looking for a place to show your friends you ain't a basic cheap bring them here.
Wanna tell your parents you made it? Bring them to Topaz.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

The topaz signature cocktail could do with some work and the lobster bisque wasn't too great - But the service was impeccable and the salmon was amazing!

Reviewed September 12, 2015

Went with my husband for a nice dinner, but the noise level was unbelievable so we asked to be moved. Our original waitress was super nice, our second was less than friendly which made us regret moving from the noisy area!
As for the food - I regrettably played it safe - I was in the mood for a steak, and a steak is exactly what I got. The steak was cooked properly (medium-rare as I had ordered it) and the Béarnaise sauce was enjoyable with it. However, the fries were rather ordinary. After tasting the lamb that my husband ordered, I wished that I had been a bit more adventurous. Food is a bit pricy here, but you are paying for the ambiance and great food. I'd give them five stars, but mostly for the dessert. The creme brûlée here is heavenly, it puts a smile on my face when I eat it. The profiteroles are very good too but I am biased due to my love with creme brûlée.

1  Thank Monique D
Reviewed September 9, 2015

The food was fantastic and traditional French. You could tell the kitchen is far ahead of the dinning staff. The food is 5 star the service was inconsistent and a 3 star at best. However the food is well worth another visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with good service. You can choose a room for romantic night or you can eat in the open restaurant as well. The food is good although a little bit expensive.

1  Thank Matta B