“Fabulous setting, great service excellent food.”
Review of Topaz

Topaz
Ranked #85 of 1,653 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Topaz is a sophisticated French cut above the rest with six upstairs private rooms, a unique walk-in wine cellar with floor-to-ceiling and exceptional vintages and a humidor stocked with the finest imported cigars. Elegance and creativity are perfect partners alongside unequalled service with an eye to mouthwatering presentation and a menu based on Gallic know-how. Widely considered to be the blue riband first choice of visitors and residents in the capital.
Reviewed August 31, 2015

Just about the classiest place to eat in PP. Fabulous decor and ambience. Superb wine list and the I have never had a bad meal here. To be recommended and pricey compared to many other restaurants here but really a bargain if you are accustomed to Western prices. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 31, 2015

I came here with one of my best friends and really enjoyed the atmosphere and ambiance. It was a little dark but it created a relaxing "enjoy your dinner and conversation mood". It was crowded yet you could still hear your tables' conversation.
The foie gras had a nice sear but the temp was warm/borderline room temp but the crust was buttery and golden brown, and the mangoes were sweet and complimented the balsamic reduction.
The complimentary bread they served came with butter and had this amazing crispy, melt in your mouth yet had a crunch, crust!
Escargot, OMG this was my favorite, I wish they gave you more than 6 pieces, I loved how tender the snail was and how each bite was full of buttery/garlic goodness and be sure to soak up the remaining with the yummy house bread!
Their wine selection is impressive.
A definite 5/5 star establishment well worth a visit for lunch or dinner if you are in the area. Parking is a mess so I suggest you either Tuktuk from your hotel or take taxi.

Reviewed August 29, 2015

Dinner here was definitely on the expensive side, (bill was $180 for two people), but was absolutely FANTASTIC. I had the entrecôte de boeuf, which was just delightful. Tender, seared just a little and rare in the middle. Loved it.
The shortcoming was the service. Although it wasn't bad, it bordered on being a bit nonchalant and giving one the feeling that they didn't have their act totally together.
Enough rambling, just come down and check out this place. The food is not pretentious and is approachable. Make reservations for dinner, but for lunch, it is acceptable to walk-in.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

I really enjoyed my experience at this place. First off, if you are looking for this restaurant, it is hidden in the most unexpected location. I thought that I had put in the address incorrectly when I first arrived, but I think this place used to be a house, but was transformed into a restaurant.
The place itself is very elegant and intimate, which is my favorite type of atmosphere. Our waitress was very sweet and patient, and her outfit matched the French theme, which I appreciated.
For food, we started off with the snails, which were very good. Next, I ordered the signature soup. I thought the puff shell was very fresh, and it tasted like it had just been made. I think this is one of their highly recommended dish, and I could definitely see why. For dessert, we shared a chocolate volcano, which was very very sweet and ... chocolatey.
Overall, I think this is a very nice and casual place for a date.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

I think this is going to be on the top of our list when we would like to go out for a steak in Phnom Penh. They had so much flavor and were cooked to perfection. Started off with one of the salads along with the snails appetizer. The snails are a bit out of the box for us, but was very good. Not sure I would do it again only because of the consistency and outside the box for us. My wife has the filet and I had the ribeye which were both great. Also had the baked potato and the asparagus side.
The service was excellent also. Had Borat as the waiter and not sure who the runner was, but was also excellent.