“Consistent and out go to place for celebrations”
Review of Topaz

Topaz
Reserve a table
Wed, 10/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #89 of 1,532 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: For more than 20 years, Topaz has been a landmark for French fine dining in the heart of Phnom Penh, where we celebrate time-honoured traditions and cutting-edge gastronomy in a stylish, contemporary setting that reflects the richly cultured, vibrant and dynamic capital city that it calls home. Personally selected ingredients, dedication to service and the deepest pride in being among the best are at the heart of every dish we serve. We strive constantly to create new events highlighting talents with modern, innovative and interesting perspectives on French cuisine. Many Michelin-starred chefs come to celebrate with us, and also to teach us, because we believe in the life-nourishing value of discovery.
Reviewed October 14, 2014 via mobile

Topaz is always been the place we turn to for celebrations and when we want a nice place to entertain guests.

My favourite dish there is the foie gras soup, a vegetable consomme that's has chucks of silly foie gras with a puff pastry topping.

Worth checking out and price is reasonable for dishes that incorporates more expensive ingredients and techniques in a high end setting.

Write a reviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed October 11, 2014

This is my second visit here. Once again delicious food and excellent service which exceeded expectations. All what we ate was something more than dinner, chef is clearly an artist. You must go there, if you visit Phnom Penh.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed October 10, 2014

This place is simply great. No compromises with the quality with the best imported ingredients. Excellent wine menu, great selection. you should try the steak Rossini, maybe better tasting then back in the US (bold statement...) Staff is courteous, present when needed, never overwhelming. Hard to find in Phnom Penh, ... this was the most expensive meal we had in Phnom Penh but definitely worth it.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed October 10, 2014

Yes, Topaz is expensive - not far off from what we spend in Singapore for a night out. Nonetheless very much worth it. Food and wine excellent. ambiance very nice (although I would have preferred a dimmer light at our table. Nice jazz playing in the background. Service was attentive. My husband and I had a nice romantic night out. I often go to Phnom Penh for work and I'm not sure if I'd splurge on a business dinner, but I'd definitely return on a personal trip.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed September 26, 2014

Whilst the food had no room for improvement , ( indeed it met all expectations ), there was scope for improvement . We went there for our ENGAGEMENT LUNCH , and prior( via facebook ) , and upon arrival requested ( and were told we would receive) several photographs taken ( with my camera ) , of this memorable occasion .No Photographs eventuated.

This was very disappointing , there were over 30 staff , and only 5 guests ( a 6;1 staff to guest ratio).

The decor, glassware, presentation , etc , were all excellent .

Service had no SE Asian warmth, rather it imported French arrogance, and coldness .

Whilst we shall return ( due to excellent quality of food ) , we are not going back for the indifferent service.

I wrote to the CEO , over 10 days ago , have not received any response .

YOU ONLY HAVE ONE ENGAGEMENT LUNCH, 20 SECONDS OF PHOTOGRAPHY ( WHEN TOLD "YES , NO PROBLEM ") , should have been forthcoming , why was it not ????????

Date of visit: August 2014