“Fine French dining at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Topaz

Topaz
Ranked #53 of 1,404 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Topaz is a sophisticated French cut above the rest with six upstairs private rooms, a unique walk-in wine cellar with floor-to-ceiling and exceptional vintages and a humidor stocked with the finest imported cigars. Elegance and creativity are perfect partners alongside unequalled service with an eye to mouthwatering presentation and a menu based on Gallic know-how. Widely considered to be the blue riband first choice of visitors and residents in the capital.
Singapore
“Fine French dining at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Topaz gives you fine French dining with excellent service, a wonderful atmosphere and superb food at very reasonable prices. An extensive wine list and impressive drinks menu caters for all. The menu offers a wide range of choices with some classic French cuisine, some ( not cheap) beef, seafood and pastas. There are a few vegetarian options. Our table of four thoroughly enjoyed; beef carpaccio, snails, langoustines, steak tartare, lamb chops and pesto pasta followed by a classic apple tart, crepes, chocolate lava cake and rum flambe'ed bananas. Go, it's well worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“A gem you would never expect to find in Phnom Penh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I came with 11 friends who enjoy good food and wine and we were not disappointed! We were seated in a private room and we were extremely well attended to.

The service was as good as you would expect in any major city in the world. The staff was pleasant and knowledgable, yet discrete.

the presentation of the food was perfect and the timing between the starter and the main was also perfect. The filet mignon I had was done beautifully and the portion was just enough. The steak tartar starter with fois gras melted in my mouth!

The setting is amazing, a perfect place for a date or anniversary!

“Why Terrible Service ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I vistited here with my wife and very young daughter to cellebrate anniversary.
Food and atmosphere was gorgeous but their service was quite doughtful.
The below is what happened there.

1. Waitress guided us to table which wasn't ready yet.
She asked us to take a sit but we were standing because the table wasn't set yet.

2. Waitress didn't take care of my baby daughter.
We had to ask for baby seat first.
And also, they didn't do table setting for her and we had to ask and do table set ourselves.
I felt they want us 'help yourself!'

3. Waitress didn't give me bill properly.
I had asked bill after dinner and something happened again.
She didn't see my eyes and gave me bill during walking. But normally, other waiters or waitresses at any other restaurants come to me and wait until I confirm bill.

On the way back home, my wife said she whouldn't go there again because it is very expensive and terrible service. I actually visited here for my wife, but failed to satisfy her.
Topaz must know that people expect proper service when they go to pay more money at the restaurant. And of cousrse, Service is the most important point for the best restaurant.

I hope Topaz understand this not just compaint but advice to improve their performance.

Beijing, China
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Topaz is a must if you come to Phnom Penh. Topaz is my special treat restaurant. The service is attentive and the food is amazing. If you have an important Business Lunch or want to surprise your partner I highly recommend Topaz. I will surely come back again.

• Visited September 2013
Paris, France
“Best restaurant in Cambodia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Why is this restaurant so low in the rankings on TripAdvisor?
Its by far the best restaurant, knowledgeable service, Very big wine list.
We ordered the lobster ravioli and the foie gras to start. Both were beautifully prepared and tasted fresh and wonderful.
For the Entre we had the rib of beef to share. It was cooked to our request MR and came with some side of vegetables.
We ordered a Dessert and cheese and both were a perfect way to end the meal.
It is expensive considering you are in Cambodia but the quality is of Paris!

• Visited October 2013