“Signature dishes”

Topaz
Ranked #63 of 1,490 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Topaz is a sophisticated French cut above the rest with six upstairs private rooms, a unique walk-in wine cellar with floor-to-ceiling and exceptional vintages and a humidor stocked with the finest imported cigars. Elegance and creativity are perfect partners alongside unequalled service with an eye to mouthwatering presentation and a menu based on Gallic know-how. Widely considered to be the blue riband first choice of visitors and residents in the capital.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The photo's tell you what to expect. Expectations were high. But these have definitely been met, if not exceeded. Very nice signature dishes, delicious appetisers and even better desserts.
Impressive wine selection.
This restaurant would be nominated by Michelin in Europe, if not already accredited with a star
A restaurant for people who appreciate delicate food with excellent wine.

Arnaud D, & Anna SREY, Social Media Coordinator at Topaz, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Coehen,
Thank you for your recent wonderful review of Topaz.
I was especially delighted to read that you found the food and wine offering to be satisfying and it is equally pleasing to read that the dinner at Topaz met with your expectations.
I will be sure to share you kind comments with the team as it certainly reinforces all the efforts they put forth.
In closing, may I thank you once again for taking the time share such positive feedback. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to Topaz in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is an excellent classical French Restaurant. If you like traditional French cooking as opposed to nouvelle cuisine, go there. Bread is warm and fresh and the whole dinner was great, this place is not cheap but well worth its food, that's for sure.

Dear Charles,
Thank you for your review of Topaz.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch experience with us and I have shared your lovely comments with the team.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Topaz in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The interior design is elegant and comfortable, the service is very efficient and the food is beautifully done and very delicious. More expensive than any other restaurant in Phnom Penh but totally worth it for a top gastronomic experience.

Dear Jef,
Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Topaz and for taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor.
We are very delighted to receive such lovely and kind comments as yours.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to dine with us hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

a real classy restaurant with great ambience , the staff and service exceptional as is the standard of the food , had a very nice evening there

Arnaud D, And Anna SREY, Social Media Coordinator at Topaz, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Sean,
Thank you for your lovely review of Topaz.
I was delighted to read your wonderful comments regarding the food and service that you experienced whilst dining with us.
This is such a wonderful compliment and the entire team here were delighted to hear about it.
I look forward to welcoming you back to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I believe Topaz is one of the most exquisite restaurants in Phnom Penh. I know their dinner is expensive but the lunch set is quite affordable, 20 bucks. Their Lunch set includes 1 appetizer, 1 main course, 1 dessert, a glass of wine and coffee or tea. In each category, they offer 3~4 different dishes you can choose from. My friends and I were not familiar with French cuisine but we all agreed that the food was excellent even for first timers.
For appetizer, we tried soup with foie gras, salad with cow tongue. Both were very good. None of us tried cow's tongue before but it didn't taste strange.
For main course, we had : chicken served with green bean, braised beef brisket with mashed potato, chicken cooked with cheese served with pasta, and sea bass with sweet potato. Again, all were excellent. We had no food left over.
Their desserts, although too sweet in my opinion, except for the puff pastry filled with ice cream,the way they were present was so beautiful, none of us had any complaint.
The service, cleanliness of the restaurant, the food, the atmosphere... everything about Topaz made me feel important and highly valued. I just loved everything about the restaurant.

Dear Sean,
Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to lunch in Topaz Restaurant.
We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I was thrilled to hear that you found the food, especially the braised beef brisket and the sea bass with sweet potato, to be excellent.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to create yet another memorable experience for you upon your return.