“Customer service is something else ...”
Review of Noura Motel

Noura Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Noura Motel
Ranked #142 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed August 8, 2011

we did book 3 double rooms for 2 nights and we did secure our booking by credit card. but the time we did arrive the booked rooms had been not available anymore. the staff did not wanted to give us a explanation. we did ask several times, but nothing.
for the same price the staff offered us lower category rooms in another hotel with the same owner. we ask the lady at the frontdesk for the price and she told us only 2/3 of the price the Noura Motel staff told us. it seems like they just wanted to cheat us.
finally we did move some where else.
this is something i don't call family friendly or good customer service. something like this i call rip-off. this is everything but NOT recommendable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Noura Motel

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We arrived after a long flight, but as we arrived at our hotel, they gave our reservated rooms already away. Then the guy from the frontdesk brought us to the neighbour hotel (same owner) which was nice, but not the same class. As we asked for the price, he said it is also 30 US$. We asked at the reception and the lady told us it is 20 US$.
So he even wanted to cheat us. Everything but nice!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AuswandererBangkok
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I am warning you to never ever stay at this place. The rooms smell and are dirty, the staff and unpleasant and if you want to sleep well staying here is off the cards.

The owners also have a "night club" next door called "Up 2 You", they play terrible trance, drum and base and house music there till 2am so if you want to sleep never ever stay here!!

If you feel like having your ears deafened by terrible music or you don't want to sleep come and party or stay but I will never ever stay here again.

The worst place I have stayed at in South East Asia.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I enjoyed my two nights at Noura hotel, although I'm sure you can probably find cheaper hotels in the area we loved the location, and our room had a great view of the King's Palace. The bathroom was clean and looked nice, although the shower leaked terribly. Staff were always friendly and helpful. WiFi didn't work in our room as we were on the 3rd floor, maybe it works closer to reception. Breakfast/lunch downstairs was decent, although there are so many other options along the riverfront we did eat here twice. Don't go to Rory's Pub a few doors down, drinks are 3 times the price of other places along the river, and that's during happy hour!
I would stay at Noura Motel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Good and bad comments here but my experience has fallen on the bad side of them.
Staying on the 3rd floor I went down for a coffee one morning and when I returned my ipod and $1000 had "gone" missing. Taking this up with management the reply that I heard was "they are all family, you accuse them you insult me"
Well this sort of ruined my holiday and would not recommend this place to anyone at all.
So if you do go to Phnom Penh avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: best rooms wont be found here...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2011

In 2010 I volunteered in Kompong Speu at an orphanage for six months. The other volunteers and I would stay at Noura a few times a month to enjoy city life and get our shopping done. Basically, I can't recommend Noura enough. Everyone at the front desk was helpful; everyone in the restaurant was accommodating. I probably stayed in 6 different rooms total and never had an issue with any of them. A bummer that only the main areas have wifi and not the rooms themselves, but the lounge area on the 2nd floor was a quiet spot to skype most of the time.
Regarding the comments about theft: I left a large unlocked bag of Malaysian souvenirs with the management family once for a few weeks when I headed back to the countryside. When I returned, they promptly brought the bag out of the back room and nothing was ever touched. I am sad to hear others had less than ideal circumstances regarding their money and belongings, but I never felt concerned about it in my half dozens stays.
I'm looking forward to my return to the Noura in April 2011.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MollyAnna_D
Reviewed March 28, 2011

The girls decided this year's annual trip be somewhere new and adventurous. We went to Cambodia because we wanted to visit Angkor Wat. It was amazingly awesome! Our Stay in Phnom Penh was at Noura Motel. It was very clean with a good location. The local bars were right there! Food was accessible. and for me, the U-Care pharmacy was the next block over. We had lots of fun partying and enjoying the night life. The workers were nice and made sure us ladies were safe. They even recommended some places for us to visit. A definite nice motel to stay if you want to be the center of the capital.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends