“Creative Menu”

Metro Hassakan
Ranked #97 of 1,467 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Metro Hassakan (formerly Cafe Metro) is the place to meet in Phnom Penh. Stylish and cosmopolitan, it offers Asian fusion small plates and expertly mixed cocktails, while floor-to-ceiling glass windows and a wraparound patio provide an unobstructed view of the river. Start the day at Metro with a classic breakfast and continue it with a selection of more than 20 small plates like Chinese crispy short ribs, Tequila black pepper prawns, Peking duck pancakes and king oyster mushrooms. The menu is a stylish fusion of Asian and Western dishes to please any palate.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

A mixture of local and european dishes was complimented by the attractive little black dressed waiting staff who served us. The supposed Aussie beef was a little tough for tenderloins, but taste was great. Very good wine list which was alittle on the expensive side but quality costs money. Good place to hang out while watching the street action along the riverside in Phnom Penh central. A pleasant experience that I would consider again.

There are newer reviews for Metro Hassakan

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped at this cafe by accident at first to get a quick bite to eat and drink and found ourselves back here another 2 times during our stay in Phnom Penh. the food was great. very tasty and at a good price. drinks were always cold. staff were always friendly. great location opposite the river where you can sit in the shade on th side walk and watch the chaos that is Phnom Penh unfold around you.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stumbled upon this place totally by accident on my way to look for xmas lunch. I noticed the small tasting plates and beautiful looking food on them as I walked past. Later on that day I couldn't resist going back there to sample the menu.
Lots of choice here , really well cooked Cambodian and Asian food. Full of wonderful flavours and textures. The soft shell crab with Kampot peppercorns was the highlight for me. Im definitely going to be heading to phnom penh again in a few weeks and definitely will be eating most of my meals here. The food is very cheap also and served by smiling and very beautiful Cambodian girls....Love the place.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stopped in for a cool refreshing drink and a snack after a morning sightseeing and we all enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner the following night. Attentive friendly service, tasty food (loved the tequila black pepper prawns and the Peking duck pancakes) and delicious cocktails (had the ginger roger - yum). A lovely clean funky place with a great view.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the third time I have been to Metro and this is the first time I have been disappointed. Their breakfasts are fantastic. We just had a massage at Zen down the road so we thought we will have an early dinner at Metro since we have always had great breakfast there.

I ordered the Lamb Shank and my partner ordered the steak. That was a big mistake. My lamb shank was a big let down. The meat was dry and topped with lots of sauce with the mash potato on the bottom. A good lamb shank the meat is supposed to fall off the bone but mine was overcooked. It was as if they pre cooked the lamb and just reheated it. My partner ask for her steak to be cooked medium but end up coming overcooked. Their meats are bad quality cuts of meat. At $22 for a steak i expected more. We also ordered chicken wings and wok fried vegetables.

The final bill came to roughly $60 but I did not get the experience I would of expected for paying that amount in Cambodia. My advice is don't order the meat at Metro. I don't think I will go back to Metro for dinner again as there are better options out their. I might give them a go again with their breakfast.

1  Thank Ewoker