“Phnom Penh's best kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chinese House

Chinese House
Ranked #37 of 1,382 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary, International, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Chinese House is among Phnom Penh's most unique Pan-Asian restaurant, cocktails bar, night-life destination and event space. Set among the last remaining authentic Chinese House of the Charming City (Phnom Penh), and home to three equally different event spaces under one roof. Chinese House incorporates a decadent cocktail lounge, a pleasant outdoor terrace and a restaurant which elegantly marries ingredients from the East and techniques from the West, throughout combining unrivaled contemporary Pan-Asian cuisine with an enticing array of cocktails and wines to choose from. Welcome to Chinese House, where the past meets the present, and the East meets the West in expertise, elegance, taste and charm, representing a unique style of a special epoch which knew how to celebrate beauty, value, stillness, tradition and style!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phnom Penh's best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the moment you walk through the big wooden doors into the beautiful and iconic building that is the Chinese House in Phnom Penh, you are greeted with a genuinely lovely team of staff who immediately make you feel right at home. We had a passion fruit margarita in the bar and enjoyed the ever changing photography exhibition they have going on. The restaurant upstairs is cosy yet authentic in its design, with a great private interior patio area for those who desire more privacy. We tried several of the smaller dishes, amongst them the arepas and empanadas where my favourite. For main course I would recommend the tartare, wether its the tuna wasabi or the aromatic tenderloin. The chef was around and she took good care of us. In my 6 months in Phnom Penh, I am glad a friend recommended this place and I had a chance to try it before leaving. They routinely change the food menu, so going to Tepui at Chinese House will never get boring!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful restaurant with amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We loved the look and feel of this place. Came here with my husband and 2 kids for dinner.

The wood work and paintings are beautiful. The food is excellent. Wine and drinks were good.

We had the fried green bananas, olives, smoked octopus and the steak. For dessert we had a flourless chocolate cake.

The only miss was the pork belly crostini which was too salty. Our server gladly took the plate back and striked it off our bill.

A nice jester is that the restaurant paid for our tuk tuk ride to the restaurant and we paid for the return.

Would love to find a place like this in San Francisco.

• Visited July 2013
Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Consistently good food and cocktails. Lovely atmosphere in a beautiful old building. One of my favourite places to eat in Phnom Penh.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jemmma
“Beautiful atmosphere with equally delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I ate here on my last night in Phnom Penh and only wished I had came here every night of my visit. I booked my hotel in the middle of the night life streets without knowing and apart from Romdeng, which was lovely the other restaurants where just OK. I was greeted by a beautiful friendly smile and offered the choice to eat upstairs in the restaurant or down stairs, I liked the decor and ambience of it so choose to sit below. The menu had a great selection, something for everyone's palate, I chose the scallop for starters and the Brazilain Steak for the main, the scallop was fresh, flavoursome and delicious. The Steak was served with buttered mash potato and crispy green veg which was just right and the steak, I wont lie was the best piece of meat I've had the pleasure of feasting on in probably 2 years, 185g of heaven! It was such a welcome from eating nothing but Asian food for the last 3 weeks.
The hostess was lovely who also offered me a have shot glass of a cold soup made from what I gathered was peppers and something else but was devine with a bowl of crispy banana pieces while I waited.
All in all, I cant recommend the place highly enough, the food, service and ambience was just perfect and the price reasonable for what I had.
Wish I could go back there!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank derekc25
Lisbon, Portugal
“Lovely atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tapas were great and my husband's steak was the best he had had in south east asia. Meals were beautifully presented. Good wine list and very attentive staff. Expect to pay western prices.

• Visited May 2013