“Great Food & Ambiance but average service.”
Review of La Croisette

La Croisette
Ranked #41 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Croisette is one of the first restaurants in Phnom Penh, opened right after the last fractional fighting in the capital in 1997. La Croisette is renown for its international hospitality and wide range of patrons: it is a Phnom Penh favorite to Asians, Europeans, expatriates and both international and Cambodian residents alike. The large outdoor terrace right along the bustling riverside promenade together with its cool interior space make it a must-see in the Cambodian capital. From a fine continental breakfast to international and local cuisine and outstanding cocktails in a classy Cambodian environment - La Croisette is a Cambodian experience not to be missed.
New York City, New York
“Great Food & Ambiance but average service.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I've been here a couple of times. The pastas are very affordable, Some of you western beef dishes are a little expensive ($20). , I'm sure the prices are justified, good cuts of beef in PP are difficult to get..

The outside is nice and airy. It has large chalk board menu with the specials posted on the wall. The inside is really amazing. They did a great job decorating it. The bar is beautiful, the lighting is really great too.

I mostly stuck to the Italian dishes, pasta, lasagna etc. The food was great.

The only reason I gave it 4/5 is sometimes the services is lacking. There are several tables located outside at the front of the restaurant. If you choose to sit there be warned: They Do Not Pay Attention to You. I had to get up three or four times to ask my waiter for things. That's very unacceptable. The service inside was pretty decent, not great..but acceptable.

All and all worth it. I would suggest sitting on the inside. It has a great atmosphere and the service is better. If you choose to sit outside, do so in the main area.

Aprovecho!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“YUM”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

After living off rice & beans for a month, I decided to treat myself and eat here one night after adventuring Riverside. I had the Chicken Schnitzel which was incredible, and one of the best meals i ate while in Cambodia. My one night of eating out turned into several nights, because La Croisette was just too good to resist.

• Visited February 2014
Boxtel, The Netherlands
“Good riverside option”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good choice for breakfast/brunch and burgers. The other dishes are tasty as well, but for some a bit pricey. Good place to sit both outside as inside (aircon!).

perth
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Initially baulked at paying the prices for the meals in Phnom Penh. Then when you realise what you are getting for had no problem. Top quality food, drinks and location. Would recommend. Definitely worth it.

Vientiane, Laos
“Nice atmosphere but let down on food.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I walked past this restaurant a number of times and I had to go in for a meal to try it out. Walked in and staff greeted with a smile. Sat down and ordered my drink. When my drink arrived I ordered a steak with veggies and mash. The waiter took the menu and walked off. Now, if someone is ordering a steak, wouldn't the waiter ask how I would like it cook? Any how, while my meal was getting prepared I went off to the toilet. I was very amazed how clean the toilets were! While I was walking back to my table, I took notice of all the wonderful artwork around the restaurant. Its great to see a place filled with colors then a plain wall. My steak arrived and started it eat. They cooked it at medium rare whereby I like my steak cooked at medium well done. The meat was nice but tough chewing. I ate about 80% of it as the rest was uneatable. Veggies and mash was nice. At the price of the steak, I would wanted it to be better. The restaurant played nice music but still didn't win a "very good" rating for me.