“Pumpkin gyozas are to die for but everything else a little disappointing”
Review of Yumi - CLOSED

Yumi
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yumi is an Asian restaurant located in BKK1, Phnom Penh. Yumi serves a range of Asian tapas including fresh seafood and meats cooked on a yakitori grill in relaxed, stylish surroundings. Yumi boasts twice-daily changing menus using fresh local ingredients cooked by one of London’s top chefs and a bar for sakes, cocktails and wines from our impressive list.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant has a great atmosphere and each time we go we end up ordering plate after plate of pumpkin gyozas because they are really good. However, I keep trying it because of these two things and so far have been quite disappointed with a lot of the menu items which have been pretty uneventful for the price they're charging. For a place that is so expensive by Cambodian standards, the menu (and wine list) could be a lot better.

1  Thank Blake Z

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Living in remote northeast Cambodia means that I have a lot of food cravings to satisfy every time I make a trip to the BIG CITY of Phnom Penh, and for Japanese there's no better choice than Yumi. The sushi is delicious, the tempura hits the spot every time, and the dumplings! Oh man, the dumplings. The staff is also incredibly friendly and smiley, and the atmosphere is calm and comfortable. I think I'd better start planning my next trip to town...

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Returning to Cambodia after a 2 year break I found Casper and his wonderful staff serving fantastic food in YUMI. I visited several times during my trip and found the food and service consistently good each time and would strongly recommend the experience .

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have been a loyal customer to Yumi for 3 years, they have served us food and drinks with a smile and kept our bellies full.
I don't use TripAdvisor much but saw a request on the Yumi Facebook page to write a review. If you don't mind spending around $20 for a good meal with decent cocktails and friendly service go here. Its not fine dining or over the top, its casual and relaxed and doesn't pretend to be anything else. If you like great salads, tempura and Grilled ribs, go here.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After a week in Cambodia we wanted to go for non-Cambodian food and have to say made the worst possible choice.. For all those who expect real sushi, there is none! The only roll they have is Tiger Roll, which they had run out of at 8:30 anyways. None of the rolls contain raw fish due to quality standards. The menu is extremely small and the food is not special at all.
What's perhaps worse is that they had rats running around the outdoor seating area and when we told them, the waitresses said it was completely normal. I'm sure this is quality sushi for Cambodia standards and rats running around might be normal for the country, but for foreigners Yumi might cause a shock!

1  Thank DeAkCa