“Favourite Restaurant in PP”
Review of K'NYAY - CLOSED

K'NYAY
Cuisines: Cambodian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: K'NYAY has recently relocated to The Terrace on 95 (October 2013).The Terrace is a traditional Khmer wooden house, converted into a small stylish and character filled guesthouse in Phnom Penh. Built in the 1930s, The Terrace elegantly combines elements of traditional Cambodian wooden homes and French colonial art deco styling.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Best place to sample Khmer food in a beautiful atmosphere. Just off of SIhanouk Blvd near independence monument, K'NYAY is a great place to get away from the traffic and noise of PP. Try their peanut stew and amok. It's the best in the city.

1  Thank S S

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my absolute favourite restaurant in the whole of Cambodia. My friend and I are both vegetarian and we agreed that the meals we had here were probably some of the tastiest we've eaten in our lives. The coconut cream? they use for the Amok is squeezed fresh from the flesh at the restaurant and oh my, I can't even think about it any longer that's how delicious it was. Not hard to find if you know where you're going and the people working there are really nice too.

1  Thank PizzaKatha
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great vegetarian, healthy food. Wonderful juices. Slightly slow service, but athmosphere very relaxed.

1  Thank lmbrupry
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love the idea of this place: healthy food, good value, comfortable seating, chilled atmosphere. It should have been right up my street but it didn't really deliver. I'm confused at to why it's rated so highly. The service was not particularly friendly, which was disappointing given previous reviews saying excellent service. I did find the prices quite reasonable though - our bill came to $20 for two starters, two mains, and two non-alcoholic drinks. We had sweet potato and taro fries and lentil fritters to start and these were just ok, pretty unspectacular in my opinion. For the mains, I was pleased with the sweet potato, pumpkin and coconut curry but the Thai green chicken curry was just not what I was expecting. It had literally no spice and didn't have the usual Thai green curry flavours that I was hoping for. It was really salty and had a strong taste of coriander, but not much else. I did like the vegetables and meat in it though. They were of a high quality and cooked well. We really liked our drinks too - apple and ginger juice, banana and peanut butter smoothie. All in all a very mixed experience. The menu said it closed at 9pm, which seems really early for a dinner venue.

1  Thank watfordgeek
Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you can find it, K'nyay is a gem of an experience. Set down the end of a quaint little alley just off the vast Sihanouk Blvd, the food here is an odd combination of vegan on the one hand, and standard Khmer meat & seafood dishes, ensuring everyone in a mixed group finds something they like. I think the owners have also opened a little bar right next door too. Give it a try for a taste of how cool & stylish Phnom Penh can be. Just might want to keep your tuktuk waiting out front while you check it's open as I've found it closed on certain holidays or whatever.

1  Thank PeterStk