“More for tour groups”
Review of Khmer Surin

Khmer Surin
Ranked #62 of 1,427 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“More for tour groups”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Came here with some friends expecting some nice Khmer food but found there was no flavour, and bad service.

They focus mostly on catering to tour groups and large parties and so it felt like the food was just being shot out quickly without much care going into the flavours.

I won't be going back here and wouldn't bring people visiting me in the city to try Khmer food from there.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Athens, Greece
“What are you waiting for? Come and enjoy....”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have dinner there during our trip to Phnom Penh... it is really a high light of the trip. I wish my parents could be here with me...

It is significant Cham Restaurant, from architect to food. Food is a little bit pricey comparing to other restaurants in Phnom Penh. But I am really sure that the meal is even better than those we had in Raffle Hotel.

A must - try is the BBQ chicken together with Coconut Sticky rice... how yummy...

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Terrible service and so-so food.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The restaurant looked beautiful from the outset but our experience didn't reflect this. We sat down and waited 15 minutes to be served by a boy who wasn't interested, and waited another 10 for these drinks to arrive. When we finally got someone to take our food order, my partner's meal came 15 minutes before my own, meaning he had finished and I hadn't yet eaten. The satay skewers had no taste, the pad thai was bland and flavourless and the service matched the cuisine. We ordered a banana smoothie that was forgotten right until the bill had come, which was then wrong, so they changed it after another 10 minute wait. The final straw was waiting 10 more minutes for our change, because the boy serving us had forgotten to bring it back. All in all, a big let down for our last night in Phnom Penh.

• Visited January 2013
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Oasis in the city”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Dropped in for a business lunch during a visit to Phnom Penh. This is were the expats go to escape the tourists. The food was fresh and delicious and the restaurant was crowded.. which is always a good sign. I have to admit I find it hard to find a bad meal in Phnom Penh and this did not disappoint. Was particularly impressed with the Amok.. really top notch and presented very delicately.

thoroughly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great value for money, great setting”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great value for money, great setting in a tropical garden. Menu is huge and the food is good quality.

Visited November 2012