“Excellent choice”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very nice atmosphere and service and excellent food.
The prices were reasonable.
Would recommend to my friends.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leuven, Belgium
“Good place”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have been several times to Ocean and I have always been very pleased and happy with the food. The waiter, working there for a few years now, is still a bit shy but always friendly.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Unfortunately Not A Good Night at a Local Restaurant!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

For those of us that live in Phnom Penh there are many options for great places to eat at fairly good restaurants that are a good value for what you pay and most of all with a very high level of service. Tonight Ocean did not live up to its past reputation and hopefully is not a sign of things to come. The service broke down, management was absent and people were walking out. The food was ok, but very inconsistent in terms of quality and quantity.

When we arrived the the restaurant was about half full. We walked in a got a table among several that were open. Once seated it took 20 min to get a drink order done, 20 more minutes to get drinks. Several peopland the children were getting cranky. About 1 hour after we arrived our 1 st course arrived. Two orders of Spinach and Ricotta gnocchi, a arugula and shrimp salad and carpaccio. The shrimp salad was great. The two orders of gnocchi were different and more like small cannelloni, and were bland, but the portions were large almost like an entre. The capaccio was unique and unlike any I have had in the world, it was lacking olive oil and ground pepper. There was also very little grated cheese. The main course came 40 minutes later and at this point the restaurant was full. More people complaining and more people walking out. We had four different pastas. All in the same size bowl, but some of the bowls were over flowing with pasta and some were about the size of half a grapefruit, which were very skimpy and frankly not worth what they cost. Also the main course dishes came out at much different times resulting in people having to wait till their food ws cold or finishing at much different times. We had people eat when their food came out. Drinks ran out somewhere in the middle and no waiter or offer for more. I was in a long line of people who asked to see the owner and manager and was told he was not in and I could leave a message. I did and one day later no call.

This is normally a good restaurant, and I would give it a chance, but go in with your eyes open, not on a busy night and as a caveat the restaurant might be resting on its laurels (as I know the staff certainly were). For now we will be going to many of the other restaurant options in Phnom Penh, with hopes that maybe someday Ocean gets back to the level of service and food they once were.e who came in right behind us, including a young family with children walked out because they were tired of waiting

2 Thank USAMagellan
Antwerp, Belgium
“Well, I´m pretty new in town ...”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

but what I can say is that whenever I ask people to meet out in a restaurant and they all don't know the names of the restaurants I suggest, they all know finally Ocean. Its a cosy place, little but with so great meals. Prices are average here but what you get is more then you expect. Love the friendly service and yes, sometimes something missing but always fixed in a second. If you want to go for some special aside the crowed, this is the place. Fresh, friendly, delicious, fair priced and owner always having a eye on what could be better or... missing. Thanks, I will be back soon ...

london
“nice place to eat...”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

by the owner of the famous pop cafe, which is excellent, ocean was good but not as good as pop. the portion was quite small but tasty.

Visited July 2012