My only one gripe about this place is when I read previous reviews on trip advisor. You will notice the majority of reviews are about the same length, give this hotel 5/5, of similar wording, and each user has written 3 reviews! Odd...
I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2013 and chose this place because of favourable reviews on trip advisor and that it is no. 1 ranking.
It is on a very quiet street in bustling Phnom Penh, and I enjoyed a lovely, quiet sleep after arriving here on the bus trip from hell (actually Siem Reap not hell).
The room is clean and comfy and the bed nice. The bathroom is also nice and clean. The place has a slightly quirky feel to it. The building is about 50 years old and retains its lovely old world charm. You can tell by the photos.
My room had a nice tiled floor, and aircon plus fan. The staff are friendly and efficient.
I asked if there was the possibility of late checkout (2.30pm) as my plane departed at 5pm, and the front office staff checked the next nights booking for my room (there was none) and said with a pleasant smile that late check out was fine.
The pool area is nice and the water a lovely temp. There is a good deal of tree and fern cover which gives this place a lovely, balmy tropical feel.
My room booking did not include brekky hence not able to offer feedback.
It is hard for me to say whether this place is good value for money as I have never stayed anywhere else in Phnom Penh.
They are doing building work at a sight next door and started work at about 8am, so that was my only disappointment.
I would stay here again and I would happily recommend this place to others, even though I have a feeling that quite a few of the recent reviews of 5/5 on trip advisor are fictitious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a french colonial style house, surrounding by a large tropical garden with swimming pool…so close from the Royal Palace , in the real heart of Cambodian capital, you'll find 18 charming rooms with private terrace and garden view! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Mysteres & Mekong Phnom Penh Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mysteres & Mekong Phnom Penh Hotel Phnom Penh
- Mysteres And Mekong Phnom Penh Lodge