“Best ride”

Dancing Roads Cambodia
Ranked #51 of 136 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: Brave yourself against seemingly impassable roads, explore hidden temples, share laughs with the locals, camp in the jungles or just take it easy. We will take you off the typical tourist trail to see the real Cambodia. Whether you're a novice rider or an enduro expert, group or solo, we have something to suit you: ready made and customized trips available.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Its always the anticipation of the unknown that adds to the excitment of the holiday. Im not the greatest rider but can hold my own in most situations. Before the ride i had reservations about my ability, health, heat, and remote destinations of the trip. I done the 8 day ride 2 weeks ago and havent stoped thinking about the best trip i have ever taken. The organization was perfect, the riding was brilliant, the food great and the beer plentiful. Paneg and the team done every effort to make the experiance unforgettable! The accomodation was better than expected the riding excelled any of my expectations. Dont get me wrong, its not all 5 star, but if i wanted that i wouldnt of done the trip. One of the many high light was the day we were heading towards the next accomodation. I resort probably a nice pool and rooms. But riding along we come across a river that was a bit to big to ride across. After looking at a few possible crossing routs Paneg decided we will be staying at the villiage we just rode through. After some negosiations a room was sorted and the main meal was on the way. Tip number one, expect the unexpected, always pack shorts, jocks, and a t/shirt in your camel pack. This is the first time i have stayed in a room with 9 other guys sleeping on a timber floor. Another first warm beer that acually started to taste great after the forth one. The meal was fresh, very fresh and tasted great. If the truth be known the villiage stay was an experience that will stay in my mind better than the resort experience ever would. The riding had a great mixture of slippery, muddy, river and creek crossings, rocky hill climbs and just great riding. Now the bad part. For me im not sure that we could better this ride next time. Yep we have done the best ride ever and not sure if it could ever be matched again.... Unless we go on another ride with Paneg. I would like to whole heartly thank Dancing roads for the best experience on and off the road.
Greg Snaauw, Australia.

in 3 reviews
"cambodia"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently returned from a tour with Dancing Roads and give them a 5 out of 5.

Sonia arranged everything from airport to the get on the bike stage, this makes what could be stressful very easy.

Unfortunately I only completed two days of my tour, Cambodia seems to have some very slippery mud :) they should market it as a super lubricant. Well two broken ankles made sure I spent some time in Phnom Penh Hospital having some r&r.

When things go wrong this is when you need a good tour group, I certainly did. Sonia and my excellent guide Chea (great guy and good rider) sorted everything. This included transport back to PP (8 hours by taxi) hospital admissions , bags transport etc.

I'm now back in Sydney recovering and planning my return to Camdodia to complete my tour. This time I will have full motocross boots to prevent broken ankles, those Adventure Boots don't cut the mustard in Cambodia.

What part of the trip I did do was excellent, you will see parts of Cambodia not easy to access or find.

To sum up Dancing Roads are the guys to use, we'll organised, good value and when thing go wrong they've got your back.

Cheers from Kelvin.

5  Thank kawalla
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This review is three years overdue as I took a tour in March 2010 (TripAdvisor only allows me to go back one year). Paneg was a great guide and very patient with my first off road experience. My only "accident" occurred when I tried to get from the dirt road on to the asphalt. I spent five days doing the temple tour from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. Great accommodations. Sonia was very accommodating with getting me a flight back from Siem Reap & setting up a day with Mr Pee and his tuk tuk to show me around Phnom Penh. Highly recommended way to see Cambodia.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This trip exceeded every single one of my expectations, by A LOT. Everything was extremely well organised, the riding was tailor made to the group's skill levels (maybe a little bit higher to keep us on our toes), the accommodation and food was excellent and the staff were phenomenal to say the least. We will definitely be back, time and time again.... Amazing. Big thanks to Sonia, Peng, Bol and Chia (sp).

1  Thank tobiasjwilson
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went on a tailored trip organized by Dancing Roads in December, and had a blast. The team was great! Paeng is great fun to be around; he's the type of guy you just trust instinctively upon first meeting him. Sonia was awesome, both in terms of giving us ideas for our itinerary and coordinating all the logistics of our trip (including the non dirt biking parts). I appreciated that she was always very responsive and accessible. The rest of the staff, especially our support rider Bob had great attitudes and were a pleasure to be around.

Rather than echo all the other positive comments from other reviews, heare are some thoughts that might be helpful to others thinking of going on this trip and, like me, are a) complete beginners and b) have never been to cambodia.

1) Don't worry if you're are a complete novice at dirt bike riding.

Paeng is a great teacher and has tons of experience working with beginners. I'd never been on a dirt bike before this trip. Paeng got me up and running in fairly short order and I got much more confident with each day. He does a really good job of balancing safety and the desire to test your limits and I actually took the most tumbles on the last day when I was more ambitious and trying to push the envelope a little more. That was the probably the best day.

But definitely speak up and let him know what you are/aren't comfortable with.

2) Set aside a couple days to do stuff other than dirt bike

We were so excited to be dirt biking that we really planned the schedule around getting as many days of biking as possible. PP is a great city and you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't leave a few days there to check it out. I think our biggest regret was not staying a few extra days to check out the city itself...

1  Thank Francis S