“The best holiday I've had.....”

Dancing Roads Cambodia
Ranked #42 of 127 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: Brave yourself against seemingly impassable roads, explore hidden temples, share laughs with the locals, camp in the jungles or just take it easy. We will take you off the typical tourist trail to see the real Cambodia. Whether you're a novice rider or an enduro expert, group or solo, we have something to suit you: ready made and customized trips available.
Mt Martha, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best holiday I've had.....”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Just did an 8 day ride with Paeng from Dancing Roads and couldn't recommend them highly enough. If you are thinking of doing the same don't hesitate, I mean it, email Sonia now and book it in. You could not have a better time with your pants on.
11 of us started in Siem Reap where we met Paeng with a truck load of bikes a guide, sweeps (we referred to them lovingly as sherpa's) and a back up vehicle which carried all our bags along with refreshments which are required during and at the end of the day. We gave Sonia (Paengs partner) a rough itinerary of what we wanted to do and left the rest to them.
From Siem Reap we headed to Koh Ker (guest house) then to Kampong Thom, Kampong Channg, Phnom Penh, Kep, Koh Tonsay (Rabbit island) and back to Phnom Penh. We travelled through some of the best trails and dirt roads in Cambodia. We saw Cambodia from the rural life to the cities.
We saw families washing there kids in irrigation ducts to being passed by the latest model Range Rovers. The contradication in lifestyles is extraordinary.
Back to Dancing roads, nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble. It was as if they could read our minds as to what it was that we needed help with.
As to the riding. You could ride roads dirt or tar all day if you want, or trails for some more adventure, up to you. With the size of our group we were given options. Most went the trails others the roads. Whichever you choose. I recommend you take all your gear and if you don't need it, pack it in your bags.
If you want to stay off the trails a good pair of hiking boots/shoes, jeans and long sleeve top are all you will need along with some wet weather gear, just in case, and your helmet. Although one can be provided, I recommend you bring your own.
If you want to dabble in any trails bring your stuff, motorcross/sturdy road boots (absolutely essential), nylons, knee and elbow guards, gloves and of course helmet and goggles but it is so bloody hot you need to think ventilation. If you dont need your gear you can pack it in your bags and have it put in the back up vehicle. If you are doing a short trip you could possibly get away without a back up but I think for the limited cost, book it.
I hope this info is of help.
Don't think it, do it and although I don't think it possible, if you don't have the time of your life, you need to see someone. Cheers, Andrew.

Visited March 2012

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a holiday & what a country, thank you Dancing roads A++++++”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Mad 5 Dirt Ride went on 12 day adventure dirt bike ride with Dancing roads and what an amazing holiday it was.

Dancing roads showed us a trip of a life time from the temples in the north to technical jungle riding through the Cardamom Mountains all the way to the south.

If you are up for adventure and fun then Dancing Roads and Cambodia should be your first stop, talk about adventure on 2 wheels.

This was the second trip I have done with Dancing Roads and will not be the last, I highly recommend Dancing roads to anyone that loves to travel and experience culture.

Keep up the great work Dancing Roads, see you next year.

Thanks

The Mad 5 Dirt Ride

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Melb0urne_Australia
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Help me realised dirtbike riding can be so much fun!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

went for a day trip through the outskirts of phnom penh and a bit within the city, Paeng our tour guide had the whole excursion organized very well. Highlights of the trip were riding uphill on rocky grounds to visit ancient temples and getting the chance to bike downhilll on the stairs, thanks Paeng you're the man!

Visited December 2011
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This trip has only made me want more,more,more”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This tour was an introduction to dirt biking chosen because one of our team although a road rider was new to dirt. Also my wife was a pillion which I intended to carry but Paeng carried her she had no complaints and this left me to have more fun on the bike, Thanks Paeng. I can't say enough good things about dancingroads. We meet Sonia and Paeng in Phnom Penh( and a very nice couple they were)looked over the bikes and were picked up and delivered to there office the next morning. We picked up the bikes and they never missed a beat the entire trip. Paeng has a great sense of humour and a real passion for his country. His brother Kob(I hope I spelt that right) I believe is in training, is all smiles and help and can only add to the company.I've ridden bikes in other countries but this would rate in the top ones, so much so that I intend to go back next year.

Visited October 2011
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an experience!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

So… here I am, sat back at an office desk, desperately wanting to be over in Cambodia again. Never thought I would miss getting a face full of dust and dirt as I fly across red roads of clay and dirt roads full of potholes. Dancing Roads, from start to finish were fantastic in every detail. Chea, who was our guide, was brilliant company throughout the two week trip and whom I now class as a top mate. We used Honda XR400cc dirt bikes, which were brilliant and well prepped machines. The extra cc over 250’s was worth its weight in gold when negotiating the various obstacles along the way. From dodging water buffalo to jumping railway tracks to swerving around hundreds of 125cc scooters in Phnom Penh(!) – the bikes were everything you needed (though I do admit I am a bit of a petrol head). The Khmer people are great company to be with. Always friendly, smiling and willing to lend a hand or just watch and applaud when you finally get yourself out of a ditch! Myself and Ed, my mate, were very green when it came to dirt biking. But Chea was great at building our confidence as the trip progressed. All in all I couldn’t fault anything. It was a great adventure that will stay with me for life. Big thanks must also go to Sonia who organized everything for us. As you can probably tell from this review I can’t rate them highly enough.

Thank you to all at Dancing Roads.

p.s At the end of the trip I got to drool over the collection of 400 and 250cc dirt bikes Dancing Roads have in their garage. It was like a showroom. And Paeng, the co-owner of the company has a dirt bike ‘toy’ to die for ☺.

Visited November 2011