“Recommended! Very good stay!”
Review of City Centre Hotel

City Centre Hotel
Ranked #97 of 275 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013. This hotel was really good. Staff all speak English really well, and we're really helpful. Room was small, but clean and had everything you need ie: fridge, ensuite, comfy bed, phone, tv, free wifi and even your own computer to use in the room. Room didnt have a safe, however there are lockable lockers behind the reception desk free for use. Breakfast was excellent and cooked to order (not cold buffet as is the norm here). We will be back in Phnom Penh in a few weeks and will definitely be booking back into City Centre Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stay in these hotel on 21 and 22 of april. The staffs was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. Very close to all attraction. Will stay at this hotel again if i will to travel to phnom penh again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the City Centre for 1 night. I'd booked my room through Agoda and by now I am starting to think whatever rooms you book with Agoda are the worst ones in any hotel, or maybe because I usually book single rooms? The single room I got was very shabby and stank from the bathroom. The walls looked awful. The shower head attachment had dislocated. Luckily I complained about the smell and they were able to put me in a different room. This was a twin room and looked much better, although cleaniness could have been better. But the shower worked nicely (even though no warm water). The room had a desk and fridge and good air-con as well as kettle with tea and coffee.
Staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was alright. You could choose from a good selection of western options, all of which came with toast, butter and jam. Unfortunately no fruit though.
In contrast to others I had to pay for the pick-up from the airport despite specifically asking... I also thought the price for the tuk tuk to the Killing Fields and Genocide museum was quite a lot (20$). But I didn't want to waste time looking around for a possibly cheaper options and the driver was very nice.
Location is great just off the promenade within walking distance of royal palace and central market. Seating area in the lobby/restaurant is quite nice and comfortable too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here in June 2012 for 3 nights, I didn't pre-book it. I landed at Phong Penh Airport, and asked a taxi driver to take me to a nice hotel. On arrival the staff were friendly. The hotel didn't have any standard rooms left however they put me in a deluxe room for the same price as a standard. The Rooms are very clean and a reasonable size, my room had cable TV and a computer which was connected to the internet. Each floor of this hotel had a WiFi router, you can gain access by asking reception and they will give you the password for free. The rooms had AC in them.
The great thing about this hotel it was central to everything, which was a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in April 2013 for 4 nights. Received a free airport pick up please note this is not well advertised and takes several e mails to sort. The location is great near enough to the riverside but a fairly quiet area area from late night bars. The room I had was good, Cable tv, en suite with a good shower, decent air con and a computer. Staff were friendly although for several their English was limited and basic-struggled with queries about onward travel, local attractions etc. I do think the hotel could provide a welcome pack, in the room there was no guide regarding Phnom Penh, area, trips, policies etc just a pack saying sex tourism not welcome and would be reported to the police.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in Feb 2013. The staff were lovely, friendly and attentive. Our shower head broke off on day 1 but by the time we returned from our first few hours out and about the shower was fixed. Standard sized hotel room with complimentary bottles of water, fridge and tv. We used the hotels Tuk Tuk drivers, who were also very friendly and well priced. Close to everything we wanted to see and do! Front Desk was always happy to help out. Breakfast was delicious and the beer was always cold! Wish we could have stayed a bit longer!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for five nights in April and had a great stay. The staff are all extremely helpful, the breakfast was brilliant and the beds are very comfortable. We booked into a standard double for £16 a night- in the room we had a fridge, a tv with lots of channels and a good powerful shower. The rooms are cleaned daily with bottled water given out which is a lovely touch.

We stayed here before heading to Vietnam and the receptionist sorted everything out for our on going journey. We used the hotel for sorting our Vietnamese visas out (this cost $60 each however on researching around other travel agencies and the embassy it appears that the price of visas has risen to this.) the hotel got them back to us within 24hours. They also booked our Mekong bus tickets and arranged a pick up - this was at no extra charge to what we would have paid had we gone directly to Mekong.

I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone else!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple